The official website of the anime adaptation of Tsukasa Fushimi and Hiro Kanzaki’s Eromanga-sensei light novel series revealed that the TV series will premiere on April 9th on Tokyo MX. In addition, a brand new visual, updated character designs and a new promotional video were also released.
The Eromanga-sensei anime will begin its weekly broadcast from Sunday, April 9th 2017 at 12:30am JST on Tokyo MX, BS11, Tochi TV and GTV. The anime will also air on MBS at 2:58am JST and on TV Aichi from the 12th at 2:35am JST.
Updated character designs have been revealed for the anime’s main cast, which includes:
- Akane Fujita (Akane Mimori from Aikatsu!) voicing lead character Sagiri Izumi
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito from Sword Art Online) voices Masamune Izumi
- Minami Takahashi (Megumi Tadokoro from Shokugeki no Souma) as Elf Yamada
- Saori Oonishi (Ais Wallenstein in DanMachi) will voice Muramasa Senju
- Ibuki Kido (Nanami Knight Bladefield in Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara) playing the role of Megumi Jinno
- Yui Ishikawa (Mikasa Ackerman in Attack on Titan) as Tomoe Takasago
The series’ production staff consists of:
- Director: Ryohei Takeshita (New Game! and The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan Episode Director)
- Series Composer: Tatsuya Takahashi (The [email protected] Cinderella Girls, Netoge no Yome wa Onna no ko ja Nai to Omotta?)
- Anime Character Designer: Hiro Kanzaki (Original Artist, Oreimo)
- Producer: Shinichiro Kashiwada (Oreimo, Sword Art Online)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Aldnoah.Zero)
The Opening theme song will be titled Hitorigoto and will be performed by ClariS. The Ending theme song of the anime will be TrySail’s adrenaline!!!.
The second promotional video of the anime was unveiled and previews the anime’s ED and OP:
Here is the anime’s first PV:
A 30 second commercial was also released:
And a 15 second CM:
Eromanga-sensei is a romance light novel series written by Tsukasa Fushimi with illustrations by Hiro Kanzaki, both of Oreimo fame. The series began in late 2013 under the Dengeki Bunko imprint, after the two completed the Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai light novel series in mid 2013. To date, the series has a total of 7 volumes released in Japan. A manga adaptation of Eromanga-sensei is currently being produced alongside the novels.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
The “new sibling romantic comedy” revolves around Masamune Izumi, a light novel author in high school. Masamune’s little sister is Sagiri, a shut-in girl who hasn’t left her room for an entire year. She even forces her brother to make and bring her meals when she stomps the floor. Masamune wants his sister to leave her room, because the two of them are each other’s only family.
Masamune’s novel illustrator, pen name “Eromanga”, draws extremely perverted drawings, and is very reliable. Masamune had never met his illustrator, and figured he was just a disgusting, perverted otaku. However, the truth is revealed… that his “Eromanga-sensei” is his own younger sister! To add to the chaos that erupts between the siblings, a beautiful, female, best-selling shoujo manga creator becomes their rival!
The Eromanga-sensei series, from the author and illustrator of Oreimo, will air every Sunday on Tokyo MX at 12:30am JST from April 9th 2017, during the Spring 2017 anime season. Additional information about the anime will be revealed at a later date.
“Eromanga-sensei”, images, and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Tsukasa Fushimi, Hiro Kanzaki, Dengeki Bunko, A-1 Pictures and the EMP