A brand new promotional video has been released for the anime adaptation of Yuichiro Higashide and Ototsugu Konoe’s Fate/Apocrypha light novel series. The new video introduces the premise and showcases various action sequences from the upcoming series. The video also previews the anime’s Opening theme song, Eiyuu Unmei no Uta by EGOIST.
The TV anime adaptation of Fate/Apocrypha will start airing from Sunday, July 2nd on Tokyo MX, BS11, Gunma TV and Tochigi TV at 0:00, during the Summer 2017 anime season.
Here is the first promotional video:
And the first commercial
The Fate/Apocrypha TV anime will premiere on Tokyo MX, BS11, Tochigi TV and Gunma TV on Saturday, July 1st at midnight, effectively making it Sunday, July 2nd. The anime will also air on MBS from Wednesday, July 5th at 3:30am JST. The series will also be streaming on Netflix from the 3rd.
The main cast of the anime stars:
- Kouki Uchiyama (Seiya Kanie from Amagi Brilliant Park) will voice Shirou Kotomine
- Maaya Sakamoto (Motoko Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell) as Ruler
- Natsuki Hanae (Inaho Kaizuka from Aldnoah.Zero) is going to voice Sieg
- Ai Nonaka (Kyouko Sakura in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) voices Berserker of Black
- Junichi Suwabe (Archer from Fate/stay/night) as Saber of Black
- Kei Shindou (Gentoku Ryuubi from Ikkitousen) is going to voice Assassin of Red
- Kouji Yusa (Kyousuke Hyoubu from Zettai Karen Children) will be voicing Lancer of Red
- Makoto Furukawa (Saitama from One Punch-Man) voicing the role of Rider of Red
- Mitsuru Miyamoto (Maiza Avaro in Baccano!) is going to voice Caster of Black
- Miyuki Sawashiro (Celty Sturluson from Durarara!!) voices Saber of Red
- Rumi Ookubo (Tsumiki Miniwa in Acchi Kocchi) as Rider of Black
- Ryotaro Okiayu (Kunimitsu Tezuka in Prince of Tennis) voices Lancer of Black
- Sakura Tange (Saber from Carnival Phantasm) will be voicing the role of Assassin of Black
- Saori Hayami (Yukino Yukinoshita from Oregairu) is going to voice Archer of Red
- Satoshi Tsuruoka (Caster in Fate/Zero) will star as Berserker of Red
- Shunsuke Takeuchi (Producer from The [email protected] Cinderella Girls) as Archer of Red
- Tetsu Inada (Ira Gamagoori from Kill la Kill) plays the role of Caster of Red
The leading members of the Fate/Apocrypha production staff were revealed and consists of:
- Director: Yoshiyuki Asai (Charlotte)
- Series Composition: Yuichiro Higashide
- Anime Character Designer: Yuukei Yamada (The [email protected] Cinderella Girls and Madoka★Magica Movie: Rebellion Animation Director)
- Music Composer: Masaru Yokoyama (Plastic Memories, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso )
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Boku dake ga Inai Machi)
The Opening theme song of the anime will be Eiyuu Unmei no Uta performed by EGOIST, whilst the Ending theme will be performed by GARNiDELiA.
Here is a synopsis of Fate/Apocrypha novels from MAL:
The setting of Fate/Apocrypha is a parallel world to Fate/stay night where the Greater Grail was removed from Fuyuki after the Third Holy Grail War and disappeared for many years. Around the 2000s, around the same time as the Fifth Holy Grail War would have happened, the group that plundered the Grail, Yggdmillennia, openly declares their secession from the Mage’s Association and that they are in possession of the Grail. The Association dispatches fifty magi to retrieve it, but all but one are instantly slaughtered by Lancer of Black. The one remaining manages to activate the reserve system of the Greater Grail, allowing for the summoning of fourteen Servants in total.
This marks the start of the Great Holy Grail War in Trifas, featuring two different factions, the Black Faction, whose members are part of Yggdramillennia, and the Red Faction, whose members were sent by the Mage’s Association with the exception of one from the Church. The Grail itself also summons Ruler to act as a mediator of the Holy Grail War.