Japanese media publisher Kadokawa has announced that Masao Ohtake’s Hinamatsuri (Hina Festival) manga is getting a TV anime adaptation. The official website for the series has launched revealing that it will air in April 2018. The first visual, cast, staff and promotional video were all revealed.
The Hinamatsuri TV anime adaptation will begin airing in April 2018 throughout the Spring 2018 anime season.
The leading members of the anime’s cast has been revealed, alongside their character designs. They include:
- Takako Tanaka (First Major Role) leading the cast as Hina
- Yoshiki Nakajima (Jirou Yamashita from The iDOLM@STER SideM) voicing as Yoshifumi Nitta
- Rie Murakawa (Hotaru Ichijou in Non Non Biyori) as Anzu
- Kaede Hondo (Kukuru Nonomoto in Fushigi na Somera-chan) who will voice Hitomi Mishima
The main members of the anime’s production staff were also revealed, and consists of:
- Director: Kei Oikawa (Outbreak Company, Oregairu Zoku)
- Seires Composer and Scriptwriter: Keiichirou Ochi (Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai!, Kin-iro no Corda Blue♪Sky)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Kanetoshi Kamimoto (Dagashi Kashi, Burst Angel)
- Art Director: Shunichiro Yoshihara (Attack on Titan, Infinite Stratos)
- Music Composer: Yasuhiro Misawa (Minami-ke, Yuru Yuri)
- Sound Director: Satoshi Motoyama (Senki Zesshou Symphogear, Oreimo)
- Animation Studio: Studio feel. (Outbreak Company, Oregairu Zoku)
Here is the first promotional video for the anime, which introduces to us the main characters:
Hinamatsuri (Hina Festival) is a comedy, slice of life manga written and illustrated by Masao Ohtake. The series began serialization in 2009 under Enterbrain’s Fellows! magazine, before the publication became Kadokawa’s Harta. To date a total of 13 volumes have been published and compiled.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
One night, a strange object falls on the head of Nitta, a member of the yakuza. Inside the box is a strange young girl named Hina. She has tremendous supernatural powers, and Nitta finds himself reluctantly taking her in. Her powers can come in handy for his yakuza business, but he also runs the risk of her using them on him! Not to mention, if she doesn’t use her powers, she will eventually go berserk and destroy everything around her. Nitta and Hina’s strange life together is just beginning…
A TV anime adaptation of Hinamatsuri has been announced and is in production for an April 2018 broadcast, during the Spring 2018 anime season. Further details about the series will be revealed in the upcoming months.
Source Article - Natalie Comics
Source Article - Anime News Network
“Hinamatsuri”, “Hina Festival”, images, video, and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Masao Ohtake, Kadokawa, Enterbrain, Studio feel., and the Hinamatsuri Production Committee