The official website of the anime adaptation of Junpei Inuzuka and Katsumi Enami’s Isekai Shokudou (Restaurant to Another World) light novel series has announced that the upcoming series will start broadcasting from July 4th. In addition, a brand new visual, cast and promotional video were also revealed.
The Isekai Shokudou TV anime adaptation will on Tuesday, July 4th at 1:35am JST on Tokyo MX. The series will then air on AT-X from Thursday, July 6th at 8:00pm JST and on BS Japan from Sunday, July 9th at 12:30am JST.
The anime’s website has revealed the anime’s main cast and their respective character designs:
- Junichi Suwabe (Victor Nikifolov from Yuri!!! On Ice) will voice Tenshu
- Sumire Uesaka (Sanae Dekomori in Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) joins the cast as Aretta
- Saori Oonishi (La Folia Rihavein in Strike the Blood) will be voicing Kuro
- Shizuka Itou (Akeno Himejima from High School DxD) as the Red Queen
- Houchu Ootsuka (Satou in Aijin) is going to voice Tatsugorou
- Motomu Kiyokawa (Kohzou Fuyutsuki from Neon Genesis Evangelion) voices Altorius
- Kiyono Yasuno (Megumi Katou from Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata) as Sarah
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki Sakata from Gintama) voicing the role of as Heinrich Seelemann
The leading staff members were announced and consists of:
- Director and Series Composer: Masato Jinbo (Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei, Shomin Sample)
- Anime Character Designers: Takao Sano (Shomin Sample, Chitose Get You!!) and Keiichi Sano (Strike the Blood, Absolute Duo)
- Animation Studio: Silver Link (Non Non Biyori, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya)
The anime’s Opening theme will be the song One in a Billion performed by Wake Up, Mayn! and the Ending theme will be Chiisana Hitotsubu by Kiyono Yasuno.
The first promotional video for the anime has been released, which introduces the magical restaurant, its inhabitants and also previews the OP and ED:
Isekai Shokudou (Restaurant to Another World) is a fantasy mystery light novel series written by Junpei Inuzuka. The series launched in 2013 on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website. To date a total of 3 compile volumes have been published by Shufunotomo’s Hero Bunko imprint, with illustrations by Katsumi Enami. A manga adaptation of the series began in November 2016 being published under Square Enix’s Young Gangan magazine.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
At the bottom floor of the building with a dog signboard, in the shopping district near the office street, there lies a cafeteria called “Youshoku no Nekoya,” that has an illustration of a cat on the door. It’s been open for fifty years and has satisfied various salarymen from nearby offices. Despite it being called a Western cuisine cafeteria, it also provides other varieties of menus. For the people of this certain world, it’s their one-and-only special cafeteria.
There is, however, one secret to “Nekoya.” The cafeteria is closed to the public every Saturday in order to make way for special guests. When a bell rings, customers from different places of birth and races appear who ask for mysterious and delicious dishes. They are actually the same dishes served to the salarymen, but these special guests find them to be more exotic than to what they are used to. As the cafeteria aims to serve masterpieces, it is usually referred as “Isekai Shokudou.”
And so, the bell rings again this week.
A TV anime adaptation of Isekai Shokudou has been announced and is scheduled to air through the Summer 2017 anime season, which generally starts in July. Further details about the series will be revealed at a later date.
Source Article - Anime News Network
“Isekai Shokudou”, “Restaurant to Another World”, images, and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Junpei Inuzuka, Katsumi Enami, Shufunotomo, Silver Link and the Isekai Shokudou Production Committee