Whilst the film has already been out for its run in theatres across Japan, a new trailer has been released for the Kantai Collection: Kan Colle anime film announcing its return to 4DX cinemas, in 4D. The cinemas themselves provide a unique experience unlike a traditional theatre, bringing an additional dimension – movement on the chairs, wind, rain, fog, ambient lights and even smell. All to enhance the KanColle Anime Film viewing experience. The short 15 second commercial shows off a couple the scenes from the movie and previews the main theme song Kikan performed by Shiena Nishizawa.
The Kantai Collection: Kan Colle anime film is out in 4DX and MX4D cinemas across Japan on February 11th.
Here is the film’s main trailer:
The main cast of the anime movie includes:
- Sumire Uesaka (Sanae Dekomori in Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) will voice Kuchikukan Fubuki
- Saki Fujita (Ao Nanami from Yozakura Quartet) is voicing Kuubo Akagi
- Yuka Iguchi (Mako Reizei in Girls und Panzer) as Kuubo Kaga
- Yumi Tanibe (Debut Role) playing the role of Kuchikukan Yuudachi
- Rina Hidaka (Silica from Sword Art Online) voicing as Kuchikukan Mutsuki
The film was reported to be making references to the Iron Bottom Sound. Many real life ship counterparts to the anime’s characters were sunk in the location, including Akatsuki, Kirishima and Hiei.
Here is the synopsis of the series from MAL:
Set in a world where humanity has lost control of the oceans to the “deep sea fleet,” the only hope to counter this threat are the Kanmusu, a group of girls who possess the spirit of Japanese warships. The story revolves around Fubuki, a destroyer who comes to the Chinjufu base to train with other Kanmusu. Watch as their stories unfold!