The official website of the TV anime adaptation of Souichirou Yamamoto’s Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san (Skilled Teaser Takagi-san) manga has revealed that the upcoming series will begin airing from January 8th. Additionally, a new visual and promotional video were also revealed.
The Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san TV anime will begin broadcasting on Tokyo MX from Monday, January 8th at 11:00pm JST. The anime will then air on Yomiuri TV on the 9th at 1:59am JST, then on BS11 on the 10th at 1:30am JST.
The second promotional video has been released for the anime, which features a small conversation between the adorable Takagi and Nishikata. The video also previews the Opening theme song, Iwanai kedo ne. by Yuiko Oohara.
Here is the first PV:
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Rie Takahashi (Megumin from KonoSuba) voicing Takagi
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan) as Nishikata
- Konomi Kohara (Akane Mizuno from Tsuki ga Kirei) voicing the role of Mina
- Mao Ichimichi (Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) who will voice Yukari
- Yui Ogura (Tsukiko Tsutsukakushi from Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.) voicing as Sanae
- Yuuma Uchida (Yuuma Kousaka from Gundam Build Fighters Try) as Nakai
- Kotori Koiwai (Renge Miyauchi in Non Non Biyori) will voice the role of Mano
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Rin Okumura in Ao no Exorcist) voicing Takao
- Fukushi Ochiai (Moguzo from Hai to Gensou no Grimgar) who will voice Kimura
- Hinata Tadokoro (Debut Role) as Tanabe
The production staff of the anime consists of:
- Director: Hiroaki Akagi (Hina Logi: from Luck & Logic)
- Series Composer: Michiko Yokote (ReLIFE, Binan Koukou Chikyuboueibu Love!)
- Anime Character Designs: Aya Takano (Himouto! Umaru-chan, Kimi no Koe o Todoketai)
- Chief Animation Directors: Natsuko Kondou (Natsume Yuujinchou, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun) and Takuji Mogi (Denkigai no Honya-san, Netoge no Yome wa Onna no ko ja Nai to Omotta?)
- Animation Studio: Shin-Ei Animation (Doraemon, Denki-gai no Honya-san)
The Opening theme song of the Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san anime will be Iwanai kedo ne. by Yuiko Oohara.
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san (Takagi-san, the Master of Teasing) is a romantic slice of life manga written and illustrated by Souichirou Yamamoto. The series began in 2013, published under Shogakukan’s Gessan mini booklet. The manga transferred to the main Gessan magazine in July 2016, following the completion of Yamaoto’s other manga Fudatsuki no Kyouko-chan. To date a total of 6 compiled volumes have been published. The series was also nominated for the grand prize at the 2017 Manga Taishou awards. A spin-off of the manga ran from November 2014 until November 2015 in Yomiuri Chuu Kousei Shinbun for 53 chapters. The spin-off, Ashita wa Doyoubi, is also getting an anime adaptation alongside the parent manga.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
“If you blush, you lose.””If you blush, you lose.”
Living by this principle, the middle schooler Nishikata gets constantly made fun of by his seat neighbor Takagi-san. With his pride shattered to pieces, he vows to turn the tables and get back at her some day. And so, he attempts to tease her day after day, only to find himself victim to Takagi-san’s ridicule again sooner than later. Will he be able to make Takagi-san blush from embarrassment even once in the end?
The Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san TV anime will air every Monday on Tokyo MX at 11:00pm JST from January 8th, during the winter 2017/2018 anime season. More information about the series will be revealed in the upcoming weeks.
“Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san”, “Takagi-san, the Master of Teasing”, images, videos and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Souichirou Yamamoto, Shogakukan, Shin-Ei Animation and the Takagi-san Production Committee