The first commercial has been released for the upcoming second season of the anime adaptation of Yasuhiro Nightow’s Kekkai Sensen (Blood Blockade Battlefront) manga, Kekkai Sensen & Beyond. The 30 second video briefly prepares us for the return of Libra and the supernatural troubles they will face in season 2.
The second season of the Kekkai Sensen anime, titled Kekkai Sensen & Beyond, will air on MBS this October during the Fall/Autumn 2017 anime season, running for a total of 12 episodes.
Here is the announcement video for season 2:
The main cast of the first season will return for the second:
- Rikiya Koyama (Kiritsugu Emiya in Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night) is voicing the role of Klaus von Reinhertz
- Daisuke Sakaguchi (Shinpachi Shimura in Gintama) as Leonard Watch
- Kazuya Nakai (Roronoa Zoro from One Piece) will voice Zapp Renfro
- Yuu Kobayashi (Sasha Blouse from Attack on Titan) is voicing Chain Sumeragi
- Mitsuru Miyamoto (Maiza Avaro in Baccano!) voices Stephen A. Starphase
- Ai Orikasa (Ryouko Hakubi in Shin Tenchi Muyo!) voicing as K. K.
- Shinji Ogawa (Franz von Stresemann from Nodame Cantabile) as Gilbert F. Altstein
- Yuuma Uchida (Yuuma Kousaka in Gundam Build Fighters Try) will voice Sonic Speed Monkey
- Hikaru Midorikawa (Kyousuke Natsume from Little Busters!) voicing as Zed O’Brien
The majority of the staff also returns for the second season, however a new director will helm the series:
- Director: Shigehito Takayanagi (Tokyo ESP, The World God Only Knows)
- Script Writer: Kazunao Furuya (Debut role)
- Anime Character Designer: Toshihiro Kawamoto (Cowboy Bebop, Gosick)
- Art Director: Shinji Kimura (Ao no Exorcist Movie, Steamboy)
- Animation Studio: Studio BONES (Hitsugi no Chaika, Captain Earth)
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
A breach between Earth and the netherworlds has opened up over the city of New York, trapping New Yorkers and creatures from other dimensions in an impenetrable bubble. They’ve lived together for years, in a world of crazy crime sci-fi sensibilities. Now someone is threatening to sever the bubble, and a group of stylish superhumans is working to keep it from happening.
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://kekkaisensen.com/
And follow their Twitter here: @kekkaisensen