Animation studio Kyoto Animation (Hibike! Euphonium, Hyouka) have announced a brand new original anime that will be released at their upcoming 2017 Kyoto Animation & Animation Do Fan Event, Baja no Studio (Baja’s Studio). The anime itself will follow the studio’s mascot, the adorable Baja.
Here is the synopsis of the anime from MAL:
“My name is Baja. That’s what everyone calls me, so it’s probably Baja. I came here from the outside world when I was little. As for what happened when I was born, I don’t remember much of it.””My name is Baja. That’s what everyone calls me, so it’s probably Baja. I came here from the outside world when I was little. As for what happened when I was born, I don’t remember much of it.”
Kohata Anime Studio is a place full of dreams where animation is made. Baja was raised in this studio by the people who create animation. Floating in a pond outside are his friends the ducks. Baja enjoys a fun and blissful daily life. One night, when all the people are no longer at the studio, Baja takes a peek outside and finds that his duck friends are being attacked by a cat. Will Baja be able to save his friends? A wondrous night adventure begins!
The main cast of Baja no Studio includes:
- Maika Yoshida (Debut Role) leads the cast as Baja
- Mutsumi Tamura (Sonya from Kill Me Baby) as Gaa-chan
- Mutsumi Tamura will also voice Gii
- Azusa Tadokoro (Fino Bloodstone in Yuushibu) voicing Koko
- Hisako Kanemoto (Ika Musume from Shinryaku! Ika Musume) voicing the role of Kanako
The production staff of the anime consists of:
- Director: Ichirou Miyoshi (Tamako Market and Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode Director)
- Art Directors: Shouko Ochiai (Koe no Katachi and Guilty Crown Background Artist) and Naoki Hosokawa (Tamako Market and Hyouka Background Artist)
- Color Designers: Kana Miyata (Koe no Katachi and Tamako Market Colour Setting Artist) and Akiyo Takeda (K-ON! and Hibike! Euphonium Colour Designer)
- Director of Photography: Akihiro Ura (Tamako Love Story, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- CG Director: Rin Yamamoto (Kyoukai no Kanata -I’ll Be Here- Mirai-hen, Koe no Katachi)
- Sound Director: Youta Tsuruoka (K-ON!, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica)
- Studio: Kyoto Animation (Hibike! Euphonium, Hyouka)
Since its announcement, a total of 3 promotional videos were released:
The anime will be released as an OVA on Blu-ray for visitors to the fan event. The Blu-ray disc will also contain the 3 promotional videos. The ticket bundle will also come with a 154 page booklet containing storyboard illustrations of the anime, as well as a timesheet used in the anime. The ticket bundle is only available with the complete edition ticket for ¥12,000 (~ US$107.80).
Tickets for the event are currently on sale and can be purchased either online or at the official KyoAni shop. Two type of tickets are available for fans:
- A complete edition ticket is available for ¥12,000 (~ US$107.80) and will contain a 112 page book with commentary from the production staff about their works over the past two years, a 100 illustration book with art hand-picked by staff, and a Blu-ray disk that embodies Kyoto Animation and Animation Do with their creative works, and with a special box and booklet.
- The regular ticket admission is available for ¥3,000 (~ US$27.00).
The Kyoto Animation & Animation Do Fan Event event will be held on the Weekend of October 28 – 29 at the Miyako Messe, Kyoto International Exhibition Hall. On the Saturday, the event will run from 10:00am JST until 7:00pm JST and on Sunday from 10:00am JST till 5:00pm JST. There will be various events on the main stage, as well as exhibitions showcasing the many series and tons of merchandise to purchase.
The Baja no Studio anime will be released at the 2017 Kyoto Animation & Animation Do Fan Event, held at the Kyoto International Exhibition Hall on October 28th and the 29th. The episode will be part of the collector’s ticket bundle, and will also be available for purchase separately at the event.
Visit the official website for further details: http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/baja/
You can follow the official Twitter for updates: @kyoani
Source Article - Anime News Network
“Baja no Studio”, images, videos, and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Kyoto Animation