The newest issues of Newtype and Animedia magazine have revealed a brand new visual each for the current anime adaptation of Cool Kyoushinsha’s Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon (Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid) manga. Both visuals show off Tooru, the lead dragon of the anime and why she believes ‘D’ is for Dragon.Click on the images for the full resolution
And here is the second visual from Animedia magazine:
The Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon anime is currently airing every Thursday at midnight (12:00am) on Tokyo MX and BS11. The series also airs on Thursdays on TV Aichi at 2:05am JST and on Asahi Broadcasting Corporation at 2:14am JST.
The main cast includes:
- Mutsumi Tamura (Jinta Yadomi in AnoHana) will voice Kobayashi
- Yuuki Kuwahara (Hime Arikawa from Himegoto) voices Tooru
- Maria Naganawa (Theiamillia Gre Fortorthe in Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?) as Kanna
- Yuuki Takada (Aoba Suzukaze in New Game!) is going to voice Eruma
- Minami Takahashi (Megumi Tadokoro from Shokugeki no Souma) voicing the role of Rukoa
- Daisuke Ono (Slaine Troyard from Aldnoah.Zero) who voices Fafnir
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) as Makoto Takiya
The leading members of the anime’s production staff were revealed and consists of:
- Director: Yasuhiro Takemoto (Hyouka, Amagi Brilliant Park)
- Series Composer: Yuka Yamada (Bungaku Shoujo Memoire, Sengoku Musou)
- Anime Character Designer: Miku Kadowaki (Amagi Brilliant Park, Kyoukai no Kanata)
- Art Director: Mikiko Watanabe (Musaigen no Phantom World ,Kyoukai no Kanata)
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka (K-ON!, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica)
- Music Composer: Masumi Itou (Red Data Girl , Sengoku Musou)
- Animation Studio: Kyoto Animation (K-On!, Hibike! Euphonium)
Japanese pop band fhana performs the Opening theme song Aozora no Rhapsody and the main cast of the anime performing the Ending theme Ishukan Communication as the group Choro-gonzu.
Here is the anime’s promotional video:
Promotional Video 2:
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon (Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid) is a comedy slice of life manga written and illustrated by Cool Kyoushinsha that began in 2013 under Futabasha’s Monthly Action magazine. Since its debut, a total of 5 compiled volumes have been released. Cool Kyoushinsha is also known for the Danna ga Nani o Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken 4koma, which was also adapted into an anime series.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Kobayashi lives alone in an apartment, until one day, Tooru appeared and they ended up living together. Tooru looks down on humans as inferior and foolish, but having been saved by Kobayashi-san, she does everything she can to repay the debt and help her with various things, although not everything goes according to plan.
A mythical everyday life comedy about a hard working office lady living with a dragon girl.
The Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon TV anime is currently airing on Thursdays at midnight, starting January 12, 2017 on Tokyo MX, during the Winter 2016/2017 anime season.
Source Image - Yande.re
“Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon”, “Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Futabasha, Cool Kyoushinsha, Kyoto Animation and the Committee of Dragon Life Improvement