The official website of the anime adaptation of Kentaro Miura’s Berserk manga has revealed the first visual for the upcoming continuation of the 2016 anime. The 2017 Berserk anime will be airing this April during the Spring 2017 anime season.
The 2017 anime will continue off where the previous anime finished. The visual itself is teasing the next arc, Falcon of the Millennium Empire, by featuring the Berserk armour. The new anime will once again air on WOWOW, TBS and CBC.
The 2016 anime aired during the Summer 2016 anime season for a total of 12 episodes.
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Hiroaki Iwanaga (Guts in Berserk: The Golden Age Arc) will be back to voice Guts
- Kaoru Mizuhara (Shirushiru from gdgd Fairies) will voice Puck
- Yoko Hikasa (Mio Akiyama in K-ON!) as Farnese
- Kazuyuki Okitsu (Jonathan Joestar in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure) is voicing as Serpico
- Hiro Shimono (Keima Katsuragi in The World God Only Knows) voices Isidro
The supporting cast includes:
- Hiroki Yasumoto (Germany from Hetalia) is going to voice Azan
- Toa Yukinari (Casca from Berserk: The Golden Age Arc) as Casca
- Takahiro Sakurai (Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass) voices Griffith
- Akio Ohtsuka (Batou in Ghost in the Shell) is voicing Skull Knight
- Unshou Ishizuka (Jet Black in Cowboy Bebop) will be voicing the Narrator
The leading members of the anime’s production staff includes:
- Director: Shin Itagaki (Teekyuu, Devil May Cry)
- Series Composers: Makoto Fukami (Psycho-Pass, Yuruyuri San Hai!) and Takashi Yamashita (Cencoroll)
- Anime Character Designer: Hisashi Abe (Gunslinger Girl, Chobits)
- Music Composer: Shiro Sagisu (Neon Genesis Evangelion, Magi)
- Animation Studio: Liden Films (Miss Monochrome, Terra Formars)
Here is the announcement video for the Spring 2017 season:
Berserk is a dark fantasy manga written and illustrated by Kentaro Miura, that began in 1989. The manga is being serialized in Hakusensha’s Young Animal magazine, where a total of 37 volumes have been published to date. The series was adapted into a TV anime series in 1997 for 25 episodes, being directed by Naohito Takahashi (Danball Senki W, Steel Angel Kurumi) and animated by OLM, Inc. (Pokémon, Inazuma Eleven). The manga also received an anime movie trilogy from 2012 under Berserk: The Golden Age Arc. The films were directed by Toshiyuki Kubooka (Gunbuster and Giant Robo Animation Director) and produced by Studio 4°C (Tweeny Witches, Harmony). A 2016 TV anime series from the same cast was produced for the Summer 2016 anime season.
Here is the synopsis of the first anime on MAL:
A brave young warrior named Guts fights for his fortune as a mercenary on the front lines. A fated encounter unites Guts with the charismatic and deadly young man named Griffith. Leading the rogue soldiers known as the Band of the Hawk, Griffith wields his formidable force like no other. Driven by a quest for status, the Hawks exert military and social prowess the likes of which have never been seen before. The armies of Midland will quake with fear as Griffith and Guts set off on a path that will bring the world to its knees.
The Berserk TV anime will return this April during the Spring 2017 anime season to continue the story, the Falcon of the Millennium Empire arc. Further details about the new season will be revealed at a later date.
“Berserk”, images, videos, and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Kentaro Miura, Liden Films, Hakusensha and the Berserk Production Committee