A brand new trailer has been revealed for the anime film adaptation of Yuu Kamiya’s No Game No Life light novel, No Game No Life: Zero. The new video sets up the premise of the prequel film, and introduces to us the main characters and their relationship, with English subtitles. The trailer was previously released at Anime Expo 2017 and was just revealed online. The film’s main theme song, There is a Reason by Konomi Suzuki, is also previewed in both videos.
The No Game No Life anime movie, titled No Game No Life: Zero, is currently out in cinemas across Japan. No details about an international release have been made.
Here is the first promotional video for the film:
And the second PV:
And third PV:
The main cast of No Game No Life: Zero consists of:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Sora in No Game No Life) will star as Riku Dola
- Ai Kayano (Shiro in No Game No Life) voices Shuvi Dola
- Yoko Hikasa (Stephanie Dola from No Game No Life) is voicing Corone Dola
- Yukari Tamura (Nui Harime in Kill la Kill) will return to voice Jibril
- Yuka Iguchi (Mako Reizei in Girls und Panzer) as Nonna Zell
- Mamiko Noto (Kotomi Ichinose in Clannad) voicing the role of Shinku Nilvalen
No Game No Life: Zero will be releasing in Japan this Summer on July 15. The film will be adapting volume 6 from the light novel which follows Riku and Shuvi. The 6th volume is set before the events of the main light novels and anime series. The 2014 anime itself adapted volumes 1 through 3.
The production staff from the 2014 TV anime will return to produce No Game No Life: Zero. However a new staff member will be doing the film’s character designs, taking over Koji Odate. The film’s staff includes:
- Director: Atsuko Ishizuka (Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
- Series Composer: Jukki Hanada (Love Live! School Idol Project, Steins;Gate)
- Anime Character Designer: Satoshi Tasaki (Rideback, Hunter × Hunter: Phantom Rouge)
- Art Director: Eiji Iwase (Girls und Panzer der Film, Bakugan Battle Brawlers)
- Music Composer: Yoshiaki Fujisawa (Love Live! School Idol Project, Akuma no Riddle)
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso)
- Animation Studio: Madhouse (One-Punch Man, Hunter x Hunter)
Here is a synopsis of the series:
The story of No Game, No Life centers around Sora and Shiro, a brother and sister whose reputations as brilliant NEET (Not in Education, Employment, or Training) hikikomori (shut-in) gamers have spawned urban legends all over the Internet. These two gamers even consider the real world as just another “crappy game.” One day, they are summoned by a boy named “God” to an alternate world. There, God has prohibited war and declared this to be a world where “everything is decided by games”—even national borders. Humanity has been driven back into one remaining city by the other races. Will Sora and Shiro, the good-for-nothing brother and sister, become the “Saviors of Humanity” on this alternate world? “Well, let’s start playing.”