The official website of the anime adaptation of Yuu Kamiya’s No Game No Life light novel has released the first details for the upcoming Blu-ray and DVD release of the 2017 anime film, No Game No Life: Zero. The news have also revealed that the film has earned over ¥700 Million (~ US$6.24 Million) at the Japanese box office.
No Game No Life: Zero released in theatres across Japan on July 15th, and as of September 30, earned ¥700 Million in its 12 week run. The film opened to 61 theatres in its first weekend before expanding to 178 theatres across Japan. The film was also rereleased in 48 theatres in early September in 4DX.
The first details for the Blu-ray and DVD release have been revealed. The home media release will be out in Japan on February 23rd, 2018. A total of 3 editions are available for order, a limited edition Blu-ray, regular Blu-ray and regular DVD. The prices for each edition are currently as follows:
- Limited Edition Blu-ray – ¥10,000 (~ US$89.10) without tax
- Regulary Blu-ray – ¥6,000 (~ US$53.50), without tax
- Regular DVD – ¥5,000 (~ US$44.55), without tax
Sentai Filmworks has licensed and released a North American release of the film on September 15. The release had a screening for both an English dub and a Japanese dub of the film, with English subtitles.
No Game No Life: Zero film adapts volume 6 from the light novel, which follows Riku and Shuvi. The 6th volume is set before the events of the main light novels and anime series. The 2014 anime itself adapted volumes 1 through 3.
The Japanese cast of No Game No Life: Zero consists of:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Sora in No Game No Life) will star as Riku Dola
- Ai Kayano (Shiro in No Game No Life) voices Shuvi Dola
- Yoko Hikasa (Stephanie Dola from No Game No Life) is voicing Corone Dola
- Yukari Tamura (Nui Harime in Kill la Kill) will return to voice Jibril
- Yuka Iguchi (Mako Reizei in Girls und Panzer) as Nonna Zell
- Mamiko Noto (Kotomi Ichinose in Clannad) voicing the role of Shinku Nilvalen
The film’s staff includes:
- Director: Atsuko Ishizuka (Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
- Series Composer: Jukki Hanada (Love Live! School Idol Project, Steins;Gate)
- Anime Character Designer: Satoshi Tasaki (Rideback, Hunter × Hunter: Phantom Rouge)
- Art Director: Eiji Iwase (Girls und Panzer der Film, Bakugan Battle Brawlers)
- Music Composer: Yoshiaki Fujisawa (Love Live! School Idol Project, Akuma no Riddle)
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso)
- Animation Studio: Madhouse (One-Punch Man, Hunter x Hunter)
Here is the latest promotional video for the movie:
No Game No Life is a light novel series written and illustrated by Yuu Kamiya. The series began in 2012 in Media Factory’s MF Bunko J imprint and to date a total of 9 volumes have been released. The series received a manga adaptation last year from Kamiya and Mashiro Hiiragi, where it is currently running in Media Factory’s Monthly Comic Alive magazine. An anime adaptation of the series was produced in Spring 2014. It was animated by Madhouse (Death Note, Hunter x Hunter) and directed by Atsuko Ishizuka (Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo).
Here is a synopsis of the series:
The story of No Game, No Life centers around Sora and Shiro, a brother and sister whose reputations as brilliant NEET (Not in Education, Employment, or Training) hikikomori (shut-in) gamers have spawned urban legends all over the Internet. These two gamers even consider the real world as just another “crappy game.” One day, they are summoned by a boy named “God” to an alternate world. There, God has prohibited war and declared this to be a world where “everything is decided by games”—even national borders. Humanity has been driven back into one remaining city by the other races. Will Sora and Shiro, the good-for-nothing brother and sister, become the “Saviors of Humanity” on this alternate world? “Well, let’s start playing.”
The 2017 No Game No Life anime movie, titled No Game No Life: Zero, has earned over ¥700 Million at the Japanese box office in its 12 week run. The home media release of the movie will be out in Japan on February 23, 2018. More details about the Blu-ray and DVD will be released in the upcoming months.
Source Article - Anime News Network
“No Game No Life: Zero”, “No Game No Life”, images and all associated brands © 2017 Yuu Kamiya, Media Factory, Madhouse and the No Game No Life Production Committee