In the latest issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump, it revealed that the upcoming second season of the TV anime adaptation of ONE and Yuusuke Murata’s One Punch-Man manga has started full production. However, it did not reveal details on how far along it is in production, when it started, or when the second season will air.
Madhouse (No Game No Life, Wolf Children), the animation studio behind the first season, is also producing the second season of Boku no Hero Academia this season
The second season of the One Punch-Man anime was announced in September 2016. The first season aired in the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season for a total of 12 episodes.
The main cast of the first season includes:
- Makoto Furukawa (Banri Tada from Golden Time) will voice Saitama
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) is voicing as Genos
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan) will voice the Speed of Sound Sonic (Onsoku no Sonic), a villainous assassin
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) will be voicing as Tornado of Terror (Senritsu no Tatsumaki), a S-class rank 2 esper hero
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) voices License-less Rider
- Saori Hayami (Miyuki Shiba in Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei) will voice Hellish Blizzard
- Mamoru Miyano (Rintarou Okabe from Steins;Gate) as the Handsome Kamen Amai Mask
The anime’s staff includes:
- Director: Shingo Natsume (Space Dandy, Hori-san to Miyamura-kun)
- Scriptwriter: Tomohiro Suzuki (Tiger & Bunny, Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary)
- Anime Character Designer: Chikashi Kubota (Robotics;Notes, Shinsekai yori)
- Animation Studio: Madhouse (No Game No Life, Wolf Children)
Here is the first season’s promotional video:
One Punch-Man is an action, comedy manga written by ONE and illustrated by Yuusuke Murata. The series began in 2009 as a free online web comic written by ONE, before being picked up by Shueisha and being featured in their Young Jump magazine publication in mid 2012, with Murata illustrating. To date, a total of 12 compiled volumes have been released with the latest volume releasing on August 4th. The series has become a phenomenon in Japan, selling over 4.5 million copies as of November 2014, doubling its sales in one year. The series was adapted into a 12 episode TV anime in October 2015, being directed by Shingo Natsume (Space Dandy, Hori-san to Miyamura-kun) and produced by studio Madhouse (No Game No Life, Wolf Children). A second season was announced.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
In this new action-comedy, everything about a young man named Saitama screams “AVERAGE,” from his lifeless expression, to his bald head, to his unimpressive physique. However, this average-looking fellow doesn’t have your average problem… He’s actually a superhero that’s looking for tough opponents! The problem is, every time he finds a promising candidate he beats the snot out of them in one punch. Can Saitama finally find an evil villain strong enough to challenge him? Follow Saitama through his hilarious romps as he searches for new bad guys to challenge!
A second season of One Punch-Man has been announced and is now in full production. Stay tuned for more information about the upcoming season.
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://onepunchman-anime.net/
And follow its Twitter here: @opm_anime
Source Image - @KenXyro
“One Punch-Man”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2017 ONE, Yuusuke Murata, Shueisha and the Hero Associations Headquarters