Building your relationship with others is a major part in the Persona series; this is known as the Social Link system. In Persona 5, it has been upgraded to Confidants system. Similar to social links, you will be visiting and chatting with various confidants around Tokyo. Atlus have released a series of videos about each of the confidants you can build a relationship with. Get a little look into their personality and voice before you choose your route in the full game.
Persona 5 will release on the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 on April 4th, 2017 in North America and European regions.
Here is a trailer explaining some of the game’s mechanics:
Here is the game’s story trailer:
The main cast of the game’s English localization includes:
- Xander Mobus (Announcer in Super Smash Bros.) as the protagonist
- Cassandra Morris (Kyubey in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) as Morgana
- Max Mittelman (Inaho Kaizuka from Aldnoah.Zero) as Ryuji Sakamoto
- Erika Harlacher ( Asseylum Vers Allusia in Aldnoah.Zero) as Ann Takamaki.
Persona 5 will be coming out on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 on April 4th, 2017, retailing for US$59.99 and US$49.99 respectively. The game itself released in Japan on September 15th.
There will be a special PlayStation 4 edition of the game going on sale soon called Take Your Heart, that will retail for US$89.99. The edition will come in a massive box and contain the following:
- Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer, Shoji Meguro, in a CD sleeve featuring special P5 artwork.
- 4” Morgana plush: Morgana the Phantom Thieves’ cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but also a member – and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4” plush of Morgana.
- 64-page hardcover artbook: This artbook is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
- SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
- School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.