The upcoming livestream will be available on both YouTube Live and the AbemaTV media mobile application. It will be held on the 24th at 8:00pm JST.
Here is the commercial announcing the livestream:
Animation Studio A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Aldnoah.Zero) will return to produce the anime, after producing the adaptation on the previous Persona title with 2014’s Persona 4: The Golden Animation. A previous adaptation of Persona 4 was produced in 2011 by a different studio, AIC A.S.T.A. (Sora no Otoshimono, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita).
Here is the announcement video for the anime:
The game received an OVA just before the Japanese release in September 2016 as Persona 5 the Animation: The Day Breakers. The OVA serves as an introduction to the game.
The main cast of the game will return to reprise their roles in the anime:
- Jun Fukuyama (Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass) will voice the main character/Hero
- Mamoru Miyano (Rintarou Okabe from Steins;Gate) voices Ryuji Sakamoto
- Nana Mizuki (Hinata Hyuuga in Naruto) is voicing Anne Takamaki
- Ikue Otani (Pikachu from Pokemon) will return to voice Morgana
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki Sakata from Gintama) will be voicing Yusuke Kitagawa
- Rina Satou (Mikoto Misaka in Toaru Majutsu no Index) as Makoto Niijima
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) voices Futaba Sakura
- Haruka Tomatsu (Asuna from Sword Art Online) voicing as Haru Okumura
The Persona series started off in 1996 on the PlayStation as a spin off in the Megami Tensei. Titled Megami Ibunroku Persona, or Revelations: Persona in the west, the game featured a series of high school characters who could summon a persona, a physical representation of their personality. The game received positive reviews and is considered as a hit. Since then, 3 main line games were released and numerous spin offs, re-releases and adaptations. Persona 2 released in 1999 and was made up of two games:Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment. The game was a success in Japan but the game failed to receive good international support. The next game wouldn’t release until 2006 on the PlayStation 2. Persona 3 was a massive hit in both Japan and overseas selling over 500,000 units worldwide. Persona 4 followed the same path of success in 2008. The latest main line title is 2016’s Persona 5, releasing on the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 to similar acclaim. with over 1.5 Million copies sold worldwide. The series has also seen numerous spin-offs, adaptations and direct sequels.
A TV anime adaptation of Atlus’ Persona 5 is in production for 2018, titled Persona 5: The Animation. Further information about the anime will be revealed at the livestream event on December 24.
“Persona 5”, “Persona 5: The Animation”, “Persona”, “Shin Megami Tensei”, images, video, and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Atlus co., Ltd., A-1 Pictures and SEGA