The official website of the Rei Hiroe’s upcoming original TV anime Re:CREATORS has revealed the main cast for the April 2017 series. In addition, a brand new promotional video was released alongside details for a pre-screening event.
The main cast of the anime were revealed alongside their character designs, which includes:
- Daiki Yamashita (Izuku Midoriya from Boku no Hero Academia) will lead as Souta Mizushino, an introvert 2nd year student who is into anime and video games
- Mikako Komatsu (Neko in K) will voice Celejia Yupitilia, the main character from the fantasy mecha anime Spirit Machine Song Vogel Chavelier
- Inori Minase (Chino Kafuu in Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?) as Meteora Osterreich, a sage who works at a library from the JRPG Recollection of Avalken
- Yoko Hikasa (Mio Akiyama in K-ON!) voicing Alisteria February, a noble’s daughter from the franchise Alisteria of the Scarlet
- Rie Murakawa (Hotaru Ichijou from Non Non Biyori) voices the role of Mamika Kouki, the main character of the children’s magical girl anime Magical Slayer Mamika
- Kenichi Suzumura (Mikiya Kokutou from Kara no Kyoukai) will voice Yuya Mirokuji, the final boss of the manga Lockout Ward Underground-Dark Night
- Sora Amamiya (Miia from Monster Musume) voices Rui Kaya, the main character of the mecha anime Infinite Divine Machine Mono Magia
- Maaya Sakamoto (Motoko Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell) will voice the role of Makan Chikujouin, a mysterious character from the romance series Record of the Night Window Demon
- Atsushi Ono (Grandfather Cranel from DanMachi) voicing as Blitz Tokar, a former detective turned bounty hunter from the cyberpunk manga and anime code.Babylon
- Aki Toyosaki (Yui Hirasawa from K-ON!) as Gunpuku no Himegimi, a mysterious character that wears a military uniform wielding a saber
The anime will broadcast this April throughout the Spring 2017 anime season. The anime will air on Tokyo MX, BS11, Tochigi TV, Gunma TV, ABC Asahi Broadcasting, and TV Aichi.
The main theme songs of the anime were also unveiled. The Opening theme will be the song gravityWall performed by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]: Tielle & Gemie. The Ending theme will be NewLook performed by Mashiro Ayano.
The second promotional video was revealed that previews the OP and the main characters and setting for the upcoming series:
Here is the first promotional video of the anime:
The leading members of the anime’s consists of:
- Creator and Character Designer: Rei Hiroe (Black Lagoon)
- Director: Ei Aoki (Aldnoah.Zero, Fate/Zero)
- Series Composers: Ei Aoki and Rei Hiroe
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Ryuichi Makino (Battle Athletes, Girls Bravo)
- Chief Animation Director: Jun Nakai (Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri, Gin no Saji)
- Music Composer: Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan, Aldnoah.Zero)
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Re:ZERO, AnoHana)
- Animation Studio: Troyca (Aldnoah.Zero, Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru)
Here is the anime synopsis from ANN:
Humans have created many stories. Joy, sadness, anger, deep emotion. Stories shake our emotions, and fascinate us. However, these are only the thoughts of bystanders. But what if the characters in the story have “intentions”? To them, are we god-like existences for bringing their story into the world? Our world is changed. Mete out punishment upon the realm of the gods. In Re:CREATORS, everyone becomes a Creator.
There will be a pre-screening event of the anime’s first episode on March 19th in Tokyo (venue TBD). The event will start at 2:00pm JST where the first episode will be previewed. Director Aoki, composer Sawano, Daiki Yamashita and Mashiro Ayano will all be attending at the event.
Rei Hiroe is a Japanese manga artist known for the creation of the manga Black Lagoon. The manga began in 2002 and to date has a total of 10 compiled volumes. The series itself has been on hiatus many times during its publication and will return in Spring 2017. The manga has sold over 6 million copies in Japan to date. The series received an anime adaptation in 2006 from studio Madhouse (No Game No Life, Hunter X Hunter) and directed by Sunao Katabuchi (Princess Arete, Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni). The anime was followed up with a second season and OVA.
Rei Hiroe’s upcoming original anime RE:CREATORS will start airing from April on Tokyo MX, during the Spring 2017 anime season. Further details about the anime will be revealed at a later date.
Source Article - Anime News Network
“RE:CREATORS”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Rei Hiroe, Troyca, Shogakukan and Aniplex