At AnimeJapan 2017, the official website of the anime adaptation of Fumiaki Maruto and Kurehito Misaki’s Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata (Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend) light novel series has announced that an episode 0 of the second season will be avaliable on Amazon Prime Video on April 6th. In addition, a brand new visual have also been revealed.
There will be a episode 0 of the anime that will be released on April 6th on Amazon Prime Video. It will air a week before the anime’s premiere.
The second season of the anime, titled Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata flat (Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭), will premiere on Friday, April 14th at 12:55am JST on Fuji TV’s Noitamina block. The anime will also air on Tokyo MX, BS11, Sun TV and Gunma TV.
To promote the series for AnimeJapan 2017, a brand new visual featuring Megumi Katou was produced:
The main cast of the anime will return in the second season:
- Kiyono Yasuno (Tina Kobayakawa in Wake Up Girls!) returns as Megumi Katou
- Saori Oonishi (La Folia Rihavein in Strike the Blood) is back to voice Eriri Spencer Sawamura
- Ai Kayano (Menma from AnoHana) as Utaha Kasumigaoka
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito from Sword Art Online) leads the cast as the otaku Tomoya Aki
- Chinatsu Akasaki (Shinka Nibutani in Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) voices the role of Izumi Hashima
- Sayuri Yahagi (Suzu Hagimura from Seitokai Yakuindomo) playing as Michiru Hyoudou
The production staff of the first season will return for Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata flat:
- Director: Kanta Kamei (Usagi Drop, Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru)
- Screenplay Writer: Fumiaki Maruto (White Album 2, Light Novel Creator)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Tomoaki Takase (Working!!, Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~ Animation Director)
- Music Composer: Hajime Hyakkoku (K-ON!, G-bu)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Aldnoah.Zero, Sword Art Online)
Here is the anime’s main promotional video:
A 15 second commercial that previews the anime’s Opening theme song Stella Breeze by Luna Haruna:
And a second commercial that previews the anime’s Ending theme song Sakurairo Diary by Moso Calibration.
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata (Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend) is a comedy, drama and romance light novel series written by Fumiaki Maruto and illustrated by Kurehito Misaki. The series began in 2012 in Fujimi Shobo’s Fujimi Fantasia Bunko imprint where a total of 11 compiled volumes have been published to date. The series also received three manga adaptations in 2013 from different artists and publications. The first main adaptation began in January in Fujimi Shobo’s Monthly Dragon Age magazine by Takeshi Moriki, the second is a spin-off titled Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata: Egoistic-Lily from Niito and was published in Kadokawa Shoten’s Young Ace magazine for 3 volumes. The third adaptation, titled Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata: Koisuru Metronome, began in August 2014 in Square Enix’s Big Gangan magazine. An anime adaptation of the series was produced for the Winter 2014/2015 anime season by Kanta Kamei (Usagi Drop, Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru) and A-1 Pictures (Aldnoah.Zero, Sword Art Online).
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
The life of Tomoyo Aki, a highschool otaku working part time to support his BD hoarding. With remarkable luck, he bumps head-first into, Megumi Kato, the most beautiful girl he has ever seen. Naturally, the meeting twists his life into a complicated torrent of relationships. Eriri Spencer Sawamura, his half-foreigner childhood friend who’s always valued her relationship with MC. Kasumigaoka Utaha, a cold, composed renowned literary genius who shoves everyone aside from our protagonist. What is this? An eroge introduction?
The tale of a small not quite doujin circle, but not quite indie studio’s journey through the tough territory of comiket and beyond.
The second season of the Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata anime, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata flat, will be airing on Fridays at 12:55am JST on Fuji TV’s Noitamina block starting April 14th, during the Spring 2017 anime season. An episode #0 of the anime will air a week earlier on Amazon Prime Video on April 6th.
“Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata flat”, “Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Fumiaki Maruto, Kurehito Misaki, Fujimi Shobo, A-1 Pictures and the Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Production Committees