The main cast from previous anime seasons and specials will return to reprise their roles in the upcoming movie:
- Shintaro Asanuma (Takumu Mayuzumi in Accel World) will voice Takatoshi Tsuda
- Yoko Hikasa (Mio Akiyama in K-ON!) as Shino Amakusa
- Satomi Satou (Ritsu Tainaka in K-ON!) voicing as Aria Shichijou
- Sayuri Yahagi (Kodama Himegami from Maken-Ki!) returns to voice Suzu Hagimura
- Chiwa Saito (Homura Akemi in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) as Uomi
- Sumire Uesaka (Sanae Dekomori in Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) voices Mori
- Asami Shimoda (Ami Futami in The iDOLM@STER) will return as Kotomi Tsuda
- Miho Hino (Sumire Hara from Assassination Classroom) will be back to voice Toki
- Emiri Katou (Kyuubey from Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) as Kaede Igarashi
- Chiaki Omigawa (Elena Peoples in Eureka Seven AO) will voice Mutsumi Mitsuba
- Yuu Kobayashi (Sasha Blouse from Attack on Titan) voices Naruko Yokoshima
- Satomi Arai (Kuroko Shirai from Toaru Majutsu no Index) voicing as Ranko Hata
- Mutsumi Tamura (Koushiro Izumi in Digimon Adventure tri.) will voice Sayaka Dejima
- Hekiru Shiina (Ami Chouno in Girls und Panzer) as Nene Todoroki
The production staff from the previous Seitokai Yakuindomo TV anime will return to produce the film:
- Director and Scriptwriter: Hiromitsu Kanazawa (Coppelion, K)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Makoto Furuta (Coppelion, K)
- Art Director: Ken Naito (Hanamonogatari, K)
- Music Composer: Yuuya Mori (Seitokai Yakuindomo, Black Clover)
- Sound Director: Ryo Tanaka (Granblue Fantasy the Animation, K)
- Animation Studio: GoHands (Coppelion, K)
Here is the film’s first teaser trailer:
The anime film adaptation of Seitokai Yakuindomo is currently scheduled to release in theatres across Japan on July 21st. The main theme song of the anime will be performed by Triple Booking, an idol unit that features the main cast.
Seitokai Yakuindomo is a 4koma series written and illustrated by Tozen Ujiie. The manga began serialization in 2007 in Kodansha’s Magazine Special magazine, and eventually in Kodansha’s Weekly Shonen Magazine in late 2008. To date the series has a total of 13 volumes released. The series received an anime adaptation in 2010 from studio GoHands (Coppelion, K) and directed by Hiromitsu Kanazawa (Asa Made Jugyou Chu!, K). The series was soon followed by a series of OVAs, a second season of the anime that aired in 2014 and further follow up OVA.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Tsuda Takatoshi is about to begin his first year in Ousai Academy. His decision to enter Ousai was based upon it being close to his home and he paid no heed to the fact he’d be among the first boys to enter the recently gender-integrated school.
On his first trip to school, Takatoshi is surrounded by girls; the train has nothing but girls, the walk to school has nothing but girls and once he finally arrives he is approached by a group of girls and summarily appointed vice-president of the student council and, as expected, he is the only boy there.
Now Takatoshi finds himself surrounded by crazy girls who do nothing but horrify him with their candid conversations about feminine hygiene products and, what’s worse, assume he’s the worst kind of man, the kind who doesn’t clean himself and watches porn all day long.
An anime film based on Seitokai Yakuindomo is currently in the works and will be released in Japan on July 21, 2017. Further details about the anime will be revealed at a later date.
“Seitokai Yakuindomo”, “Seitokai Yakuindomo*”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Tozen Ujiie, GoHands, Kodansha and Seitokai Yakuindomo Production Committee