The official website of the second season of the Shingeki no Bahamut (Rage of Bahamut) anime, Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul (Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul), has revealed that season 2 will start broadcasting from April 8th. In addition, a new visual and promotional video were released.
The Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul anime will start airing from Saturday, April 8th at 1:55am JST on TBS’ Animeism block. The anime will also air on MBS at 2:10am JST, on CBC from 2:50 am JST and on BS-TBS on Saturdays at midnight, with the date yet to be released.
The third promotional video for Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul was released that previews the anime’s opening theme song Let It End by Sim and the Ending theme Dear Goodbye Farewell by DAOKO:
Here is the first promotional video:
The second promotional video of the anime was also revealed:
The main cast of the new season includes:
- Sumire Morohoshi (Ichigo Hoshimiya from Aikatsu!) will star as Nina Drango
- Yuuichirou Umehara (En Yufuin in Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE!) will voice Charioce XVII
- Hiroyuki Yoshino (Firo Prochainezo from Baccano!) as Favaro
- Go Inoue (Spain from Hetalia Axis Powers) is voicing Kaisar
- Masakazu Morita (Ichigo Kurosaki in Bleach) voicing as Azazel
- Miyuki Sawashiro (Shino Asada in Sword Art Online II) voices Rita
- Hiroshi Iwasaki (Saito in Tiger & Bunny) returns to voice Bacchus
- Showtaro Morikubo (Shikamaru Nara from Naruto) as Hamsa
- Megumi Han (Atsuko Kagari in Little Witch Academia) is going to voice Jeanne D’arc
- Maaya Sakamoto (Motoko Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell) is going to voice Sofiel
- Yasuhiro Mamiya (Fecor in Shakugan no Shana) is voicing Dias
- Kensho Ono (Slaine Troyard from Aldnoah.Zero) as Allesand
- Unknown as Mugaro
The first members of the second season’s production staff were also revealed, which mostly consists of returning staff:
- Director: Keiichi Satou (Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary, Tiger & Bunny)
- Series Composer: Ooishi Shizuka (Second Love, Mitsu no Aji – A Taste Of Honey)
- Anime Character Designer: Naoyuki Onda (Gantz, Psycho-Pass)
- Art Director: studio COCOLO (Sengoku Collection, Yuri Kuma Arashi)
- Music Composer: Yoshihiro Ike (Tiger & Bunny, Ergo Proxy)
- Animation Studio: Mappa (Zankyou no Terror, Hajime no Ippo Rising)
Shingeki no Bahamut (Rage of Bahamut) is a free to play mobile Collectable Card Game developed by Cygames. The game originally released on Android in January 2012, before making its way to iOS in April the same year. Since its release the game has become one of the most popular apps of the year with over 8 million players. The game involves players roaming the lands and fighting enemies using cards, from either Man, Demon or Gods cards. The game also holds numerous events with the major event titled Holy Wars. An anime adaptation of the game was produced for the 2014 Fall/Autumn anime season. Studio Mappa (Zankyou no Terror, Hajime no Ippo Rising) produced the series with Keiichi Satou (Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary, Tiger & Bunny) directing.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Mistarcia is a magical world where humans, gods, and demons mingle together. In the past, the black-and-silver winged Bahamut has threatened to destroy the land, but humans, gods, and demons overcame their differences to fight together and seal its power. The key to that seal was split in two, one half given to the gods and the other to demons, so that they would never be united and Bahamut never released. Now, two thousand years later, the world is in an era of peace—until the day a woman steals the gods’ half of the key.
The second season of Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis, Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul, will air on Saturdays at 1:55am JST on TBS during their Animeism block, during the Spring 2017 anime season. Further information about the anime will be revealed in the upcoming weeks.
“Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul”, “Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis”, “Shingeki no Bahamut”, “Rage of Bahamut”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Cygames, inc.,Mappa and Shingeki no Bahamut Production Committee