In promotion for the upcoming release of Warner Bros. and Denis Villeneuve’s Blade Runner 2049 film, an anime prequel short will be produced and released worldwide on September 26. The short, titled Blade Runner Black Out 2022, will be directed by Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop, Zankyou no Terror).
Blade Runner Black Out 2022 will be set in between 3 years after the events of the original Blade Runner film, 27 years before the upcoming sequel. The short will be part of a series that will bridge the gap between the two films.
The anime short will be streamed online via online anime streaming platform Crunchyroll.
Here is the official trailer for the anime short:
Two character designs have been released for the main cast:
- Kenichirou Matsuda (Batou from Ghost in the Shell ARISE) will voice Iggy
- Ichiko Aoba (Debut Role) as Trixy
- Makoto Furukawa (Saitama from One Punch-Man) voicing the role of Ren
The leading members of the short’s production includes:
- Director and Scriptwriter: Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop, Zankyou no Terror)
- Anime Character Designer and Animation Director: Shukou Murase (Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, Halo Legends)
- Music Composer: Flying Lotus
- Studio: Cygames Pictures
Shinichiro Watanabe’s upcoming Blade Runner anime short, Blade Runner Black Out 2022, will be released online via Crunchyroll on September 26.
Source Article - MyAnimeList News
“Blade Runner Black Out 2022”, “Blade Runner 2049”, “Blade Runner”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Warner Bros.