The official website of the upcoming anime adaptation of Kakeru Kobashiri and Yoshinori Shizuma’s Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho (Starting the Magical Book from Zero) light novel series has been updated with a new visual. In addition, the main cast and staff were also revealed.
The revealed main cast of the anime are currently as follows:
- Yumiri Hanamori (Chiaya Misono from Rolling☆Girls) voicing as Zero
- Tsuyoshi Koyama (Galileo in Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon) as The Mercenary
- You Taichi (Sayori Mizushima in Love Lab) will voice Albus
- Masayuki Katou (Kiyomasa Senji from Deadman Wonderland) voices Holdem
- Takehito Koyasu (Roswell L Mathers from Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) as Thirteen
The production staff currently consists of:
- Director: Tetsuo Hirakawa (Kawa no Hikari, Hori-san to Miyamura-kun)
- Anime Character Designers and Animation Directors: Ryosuke Kimiya (Akame ga KILL! and Hataraku Maou-sama! Animation Director) and Daisuke Mataga (Sakasama no Patema)
- Art Director: Yoshito Takamine (Akame ga KILL!, Jormungand)
- Music Composer: Masato Matsuda (.hack//SIGN, One Piece Film Z)
- Animation Producer: Infinite (Assistance on Shirobako, Nagi no Asukara)
- Animation Studio: White Fox (Steins;Gate, Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu)
Here is the anime’s first promotional video:
Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho (Starting the Magical Book from Zero) is a fantasy adventure light novel series written by Kakeru Kobashiri with illustrations by Yoshinori Shizuma. The series began in late 2013 with a total of 7 compiled volumes, being published by Kadokawa’s Dengeki Bunko imprint. The series won the grand prize of the 20th Dengeki Novel Awards in its debut year. A manga adaptation of the series began in 2014 serialized in Dengeki Maoh magazine.A spin-off manga began publication earlier this year.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
It was the year 526. The world knew that witches existed, and that they practiced the notorious art of sorcery. Nevertheless, the world did not know anything about the study of magic.
Our story follows a half-man, half-beast mercenary; humans mockingly call his kind the “fallen beasts.” He always dreamt of becoming a human, but one day, he met a witch who would change his life forever.
“Do you desire a human form? Then be my escort, mercenary!”
The witch introduced herself as “Zero,” and explained that she was searching for a one-of-a-kind magical tome that bandits had stolen from her lair. Entitled “The Book of Zero,” the grimoire supposedly contained valuable magical knowledge that could be used to effortlessly bring the world to its knees.
Thus, in order to realize his dream of becoming a human, the mercenary must accompany Zero on her journey—despite her being one of the witches he so loathed.
This is the story of a haughty sorceress and a kindhearted beast.
The TV anime adaptation of Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho will air this April during the Spring 2017 anime season. Further details about the adaptation will be revealed in the upcoming weeks.
“Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho”, “Starting the Magical Book from Zero”, images, and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Kakeru Kobashiri, Yoshinori Shizuma, Kadokawa and Infinite