The wraparound jacket for the 3rd volume of the Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes) manga, by Betten Court and Kouhei Horikoshi, has revealed that the upcoming third season of the anime adaptation of Kouhei Horikoshi’s Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) will air from April 7th.
— 別天荒人 (@bet10co10) January 30, 2018
Boku no Hero Academia season 3 will debut on Saturday, April 7th at 5:30pm JST on NTV and YTV.
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Daiki Yamashita (Sakamichi Onoda from Yowamushi Pedal) who will voice Izuku Midoriya
- Kenta Miyake (Mohammed Avdol from JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders) is going to voice All Might
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Rin Okumura in Ao no Exorcist) will voice Katsuki Bakugou
- Ayane Sakura (Gasper Vladi from High School DxD New) joins the cast to voice Ochaco Uraraka
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) as Tenya Iida
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) will voice as Tsuyu Asui
- Ryou Hirohashi (Kyou Fujibayashi in Clannad) voicing as Minoru Mineta
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) is voicing as Fumikage Tokoyami
- Marina Inoue (Armin Arlert from Attack on Titan) joins the cast to voice Momo Yaoyorozu
- Toshiki Masuda (Ryuu Zaou in Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love!) is voicing Eijirou Kirishima
- Tasuku Hatanaka (Ushio Aotsuki from Ushio to Tora) as Denki Kaminari
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan) voices Shouto Todoroki
- Eri Kitamura (Yui in Angel Beats!) voices Mina Ashido
The anime’s production staff includes:
- Director: Kenji Nagasaki (Gundam Build Fighters, Classroom☆Crisis)
- Series Composer: Yousuke Kuroda (Gundam Build Fighters, Hellsing Ultimate)
- Anime Character Designer: Yoshihiko Umakoshi (Berserk, Casshern Sins)
- Music Composer: Yuuki Hayashi (Death Parade, Haikyuu!!)
- Animation Studio: Studio Bones (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Noragami)
The anime’s first and second season also ran during the Spring seasons in 2016 and 2017 respectively. Season 1 ran for 13 episodes and season 2 ran for a total of 25 episodes. Season 2 premiered on Saturday March 25th at 5:30pm JST on NTV and YTV.
Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) is an action adventure manga series written and illustrated by Kouhei Horikoshi. The series began in July 2014 under Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, where a total of 6 volumes have been compiled. The series has had good reception selling over 200,000 copies in 4 months, with the first volume selling out in short time. An anime adaptation of the series was announced in the November 2nd issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. The first season of the Boku no Hero Academia anime ran for a total of 13 episodes, airing throughout the Spring 2016 anime season. A second season followed in the Spring 2017 anime season, which ran for 25 episodes.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
People are not born equal, a realization that 4-year-old Midoriya Izuku faced when bullied by his classmates who had unique special powers. Izuku was one of the rare cases where he was born with absolutely no unique powers. This did not stop Izuku from pursuing his dream, a dream of becoming a great hero like the legendary All-Might. To become the great hero he hopelessly wants to become, he now will join the ranks of one of the highest rated “Hero Academies” in the country: Yueiko. With the help of his idol All-Might, will he be able to claim the ranks and become a true hero?
The third season of the Boku no Hero Academia anime is in production and will air every Saturday at 5:30pm JST on NTV and YTV from April 7th, during the Spring 2018 anime season. Further details about season 3 will be revealed at a later date.
Source Article - Anime News Network
“Boku no Hero Academia”, “My Hero Academia”, images, videos, and all associated brands and titles © 2018 Kouhei Horikoshi, Shueisha, Studio Bones and the Boku no Hero Academia Production Committee