The official website of the anime adaptation of Kotoyama’s Dagashi Kashi manga has revealed that the upcoming second season will run for a total of 12 episodes. The details were unveiled alongside the plans for the anime’s home media release.
The first details about the Blu-ray and DVD volumes have been revealed. There will be two Blu-ray volumes and three DVD volumes. Each BD will contain 6 episodes each whilst each DVD will have 3 episodes.
Each of the Blu-ray volume will also contain:
- A special box cover
- A limited edition digipak
- A CD of the OST
- A special video scene of the cast
- Prority ticket purchase for the upcoming fan event on June 3rd
The first Blu-ray volume will release on March 21st and the second will release on April 18th. Both volumes will retail for ¥9,800 (~ US$93.60).
The first two DVD volumes will release on the same days as the Blu-rays, with the third and final DVD releasing in Japan on May 16.
The second season of the Dagashi Kashi anime will be broadcasting from January 11th on TBS at 2:28am JST. The series will also air on Sun TV and BS-TBS.
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Ayana Taketatsu (Kirino Kousaka from Oreimo) will return to voice Hotaru Shidare
- Atsushi Abe (Touma Kamijou from Toaru Majutsu no Index) is voicing Kokonotsu Shikada
- Manami Numakura (Aoi Sakurai in Rail Wars!) voices Saya Endou
- Chinatsu Akasaki (Shinka Nibutani in Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) will voice Hajime Owari
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Makoto Tachibana from Free!) as Tou Endou
The first promotional video for Dagashi Kashi season 2 was revealed, which introduces the main characters:
There has been changes to production staff from the anime’s first season, with second 2 staff consisting of:
- Director: Satoshi Kuwabara (Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, Tezuka Osamu ga Kieta?! 20 Seiki Saigo no Kaijiken)
- Setting Cooperator: Shigehito Takayanagi (The World God Only Knows, Tokyo ESP)
- Series Composer: Mayumi Morita (Debut Role)
- Anime Character Designer: Nana Miura (Young Black Jack)
- Chief Animation Director: Akemi Kobayashi (Yume Tsukai, Chi’s Sweet Home)
- Sound Director: Satoshi Motoyama (Haganai, Isshuukan Friends.)
- Animation Studio: Tezuka Productions (Black Jack, Sakamichi no Apollon)
Dagashi Kashi is a comedy manga written and illustrated by Kotoyama. The series began in 2014 being serialized in Shogakukan’s Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine. To date a total of 7 volumes have been compiled. A TV anime adaptation of the series premiered in the Winter 2016/2017 anime season for 12 episodes. The anime was produced by studio feel. (Oregairu Zoku, Minami-ke Tadaima) and directed by Shigehito Takayanagi (The World God Only Knows, Tokyo ESP).
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Shikada Kokonotsu’s father owns a rural sweets shop, and his plan is for Kokonotsu to take it over one day. However, Kokonotsu wants to be a manga author instead! One day in Summer, the cute but weird girl Shidare Hotaru, from the famous sweets company, comes to pay a visit. Apparently, Kokonotsu’s father is famous and she wants him to join her family’s company. However, he will only agree if she can convince Kokonotsu to take over the family business!
The second season of the TV anime adaptation of Dagashi Kashi will air every Thursday on TBS at 2:28am JST from January 11th, during the Winter 2017/2018 anime season. Further details about the new season will be revealed at a later date.
Source Article - Anime News Network
“Dagashi Kashi”, images, and all associated brands and titles © 2018 Kotoyama, Shogakukan and Shikada Dagashi