The official website of the TV anime adaptation of Ichiei Ishibumi and Miyama-Zero’s High School DxD light novel series has announced that High School DxD HerO, the upcoming fourth season, will premiere this April. In addition, the site has also revealed the updated character designs for the new series.
High School DxD HerO is set to air on Japanese TV this April during the Spring 2018 anime season. Further details about the premiere date and stations that it will air on will be revealed in the upcoming months.
The main cast from previous anime will return to reprise their roles
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan) as Issei Hyoudou
- Yoko Hikasa (Mio Akiyama in K-ON!) reprises her role as Rias Gremory
- Azumi Asakura (Yukiho Hagiwara from The iDOLM@STER) voices Asia Argento
- Shizuka Itou (Luviagelita Edelfelt in Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya) voicing as Akeno Himejima
- Ayana Taketatsu (Suguha Kirigaya from Sword Art Online) will be voicing Koneko Toujou
- Risa Taneda (Mirai Kuriyama from Kyoukai no Kanata) will play the role of Xenovia
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) voicing as Irina Shidou
- Ayane Sakura (Kokoa Hoto in Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?) as Gasper Vladi
There has been major changes to the production staff for season 4, in which a new team will be producing the series:
- Director: Yoshifumi Sueda (Rail Wars!)
- Series Composer: Kenji Konuta (Diamond no Ace, Blood Lad)
- Anime Character Designer: Makoto Uno (Rail Wars!, Love Hina)
- Animation Studio: Passione (Rail Wars!, Rokka no Yuusha)
By comparison, here is the staff for season 3, High School DxD BoRN:
- Director: Tetsuya Yanagisawa (High School DxD, Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance)
- Series Composer: Takao Yoshioka (High School DxD, Elfen Lied)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Junji Gotou (High School DxD, School Days)
- Animation Studio: TNK (School Days, Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance)
Here is the first promotional video for the fourth season:
High School DxD is a light novel series written by Ichiei Ishibumi and illustrated by Miyama-Zero. The series began serialization in 2008 in Fujimi Shobo’s Dragon Magazine, before being published in their Fujimi Fantasia Bunko imprint. To date, there has been 18 compiled volumes. Three manga adaptation of the series have been published in 2010, 2012 and 2013, all of which have been written by Ishibumi. An anime adaptation was produced in 2012. It was animated by TNK (School Days) and directed by Tetsuya Yanagisawa (Sora no Otoshimono: Tokeijikake no Angeloid, Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora). Two OADs were then released, and were then followed by the second season of the anime in 2013 and a third season in 2015 for a total of 12 episodes.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Issei Hyodo is your average perverted high school student whose one wish in life is to have his own harem, but he’s got to be one of the unluckiest guys around. He goes on his first date with a girl only to get brutally attacked and killed when it turns out the girl is really a vicious fallen angel. To top it all off, he’s later reincarnated as a devil by his gorgeous senpai who tells him that she is also a devil and now his master! One thing’s for sure, his peaceful days are over. In a battle between devils and angels, who will win?
The fourth season of the High School DxD, titled High School DxD HerO, is in production and will premiere from April, during the Spring 2018 anime season. Further information about the series will revealed in the upcoming weeks.
Source Article - Anime News Network
“High School DxD HerO”, “High School DxD”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2018 Ichiei Ishibumi, Miyama-Zerom, Fujimi Shobo and TNK