The official website for the anime adaptation of Kouhei Horikoshi’s Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) has released the first details for the home release of the series’ fourth season. The information includes that the ongoing season will run for a total of 25 episodes.
The Blu-ray and DVD release details have been revealed. There will be a total of 6 volumes, with each volume containing 4 episodes – the first volume containing 5. Each volume will also come with a special case, a voice drama CD, 16 page booklet and a set of original character designs postcards. The DVD versions of the volumes will retail for ¥8,000 (~ US$74) and the Blu-ray retailing for ¥9,000 (~ US$80), both not including tax.
- Volume 1 – January 22nd, 2020
- Episodes: 64, 65, 66, 67, 68
- Volume 2 – February 19th, 2020
- Episodes: 69, 70, 71, 72
- Volume 3 – March 18th, 2020
- Episodes: 73, 74, 75, 76
- Volume 4 – April 15th, 2020
- Episodes: 77, 78, 79, 80
- Volume 5 – May 20th, 2020
- Episodes: 81, 82, 83, 84
- Volume 6 – June 17th, 2020
- Episodes: 85, 86, 87, 88
Boku no Hero Academia season 4 is currently airing every Saturday at 5:30pm JST on NTV and YTV.
Here is the latest promotional video for the upcoming season:
The 4th season will feature a new central character:
- Seiran Kobayashi (Oriko Seki in Wakaokami wa Shougakusei!) will voice new character Eri
The main cast of the anime will return to reprise their roles in the new season:
- Daiki Yamashita (Sakamichi Onoda from Yowamushi Pedal) is back to voice Izuku Midoriya
- Tarusuke Shingaki (Togusa from Ghost in the Shell Arise) returning to voice Mirio Togata
- Kiyono Yasuno (Megumi Katou in Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata) back as Nejire Hado
- Yuuto Uemura (Hiro in DARLING in the FRANKXX) voicing Tamaki Amajiki
- Kenta Miyake (Mohammed Avdol from JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders) voicing All Might
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Rin Okumura in Ao no Exorcist) voicing as Katsuki Bakugou
- Ayane Sakura (Gasper Vladi from High School DxD New) as Ochaco Uraraka
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) as Tenya Iida
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) will voice as Tsuyu Asui
- Ryou Hirohashi (Kyou Fujibayashi in Clannad) voicing as Minoru Mineta
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) is voicing as Fumikage Tokoyami
- Marina Inoue (Armin Arlert from Attack on Titan) joins the cast to voice Momo Yaoyorozu
- Toshiki Masuda (Ryuu Zaou in Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love!) is voicing Eijirou Kirishima
- Tasuku Hatanaka (Ushio Aotsuki from Ushio to Tora) as Denki Kaminari
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan) voices Shouto Todoroki
- Eri Kitamura (Yui in Angel Beats!) voices Mina Ashido
The anime’s production staff includes:
- Chief Director: Kenji Nagasaki (Gundam Build Fighters, Classroom☆Crisis)
- Director: Masahiro Mukai (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
- Series Composer: Yousuke Kuroda (Gundam Build Fighters, Hellsing Ultimate)
- Anime Character Designer: Yoshihiko Umakoshi (Berserk, Casshern Sins)
- Music Composer: Yuuki Hayashi (Death Parade, Haikyuu!!)
- Animation Studio: Studio Bones (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Noragami)
Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) is an action adventure manga series written and illustrated by Kouhei Horikoshi. The series began in July 2014 under Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, where a total of 6 volumes have been compiled. The series has had good reception selling over 200,000 copies in 4 months, with the first volume selling out in short time. An anime adaptation of the series was announced in the November 2nd issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. The first season of the Boku no Hero Academia anime ran for a total of 13 episodes, airing throughout the Spring 2016 anime season. A second season followed in the Spring 2017 anime season, which ran for 25 episodes.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
People are not born equal, a realization that 4-year-old Midoriya Izuku faced when bullied by his classmates who had unique special powers. Izuku was one of the rare cases where he was born with absolutely no unique powers. This did not stop Izuku from pursuing his dream, a dream of becoming a great hero like the legendary All-Might. To become the great hero he hopelessly wants to become, he now will join the ranks of one of the highest rated “Hero Academies” in the country: Yueiko. With the help of his idol All-Might, will he be able to claim the ranks and become a true hero?
The 4th season of the Boku no Hero Academia anime is currently airing every Saturday at 5:30pm JST on NTV and YTV, and will air for a total of 25 episodes.