The official website for Studio Trigger’s upcoming original TV anime, BNA: Brand New Animal, has released many details for series, including the first visual, cast and production staff.
The series will be airing in April 2020, during the Sprint 2020 anime season. It will be airing on Fuji TV during their +Ultra programming block, and on BS11.
The main cast of the anime was revealed and includes:
- Sumire Morohoshi (Hitoka Yachi from Haiykuu!!) voicing Michiru Kagemori
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) as Shirou Ogami
- Maria Naganawa (Kanna in Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon) voicing the role of Nazuna Hiwatashi
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) will voice Alan Sylvasta
The leading production staff for BNA includes:
- Director: Yoh Yoshinari (Little Witch Academia, Gurren Lagann Parallel Works)
- Series Composer: Kazuki Nakashima (Gurren Lagann, Kill la Kill)
- Animation Studio: Trigger (DARLING in the FRANXX, Kill la Kill)
Here is the synopsis for the upcoming series:
In the anime’s story, in the 21st century, the existence of animal-humans came to light after being hidden in the darkness of history. Michiru lived life as a normal human, until one day she suddenly turns into a tanuki-human. She runs away and takes refuge in a special city area called “Anima City” that was set up 10 years ago for animal-humans to be able to live as themselves. There Michiru meets Shirou, a wolf-human who hates humans. Through Shirou, Michiru starts to learn about the worries, lifestyle, and joys of the animal-humans. As Michiru and Shirou try to learn why Michiru suddenly turned into an animal-human, they unexpectedly get wrapped up in a large incident.
Studio Trigger’s next original project will be BNA: Brand New Animal and is set to broadcast in April 2020 during the Spring 2020 anime season.