The official website of the upcoming 4th season in the anime adaptation of Haruichi Furudate’s Haikyuu!! manga has revealed the Opening and Ending theme songs for the January 2020 anime.
The Opening theme song will be song Phoenix by Burnout Syndrome, and the Ending theme will be Decisive Battle Spirit by CHiCO with Honey Works. Both songs will be released as singles in February 2020.
The 4th season of Haikyuu!!, Haikyuu!! To the Top, is set to air in on MBS and TBS in January 2020 during the Winter 2019/2020 anime season.
The main cast of the prior anime seasons will return for Season 4:
- Ayumu Murase (Rui Ninomiya from Gatchaman Crowds) voicing as Shouyou Hinata
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) as Tobio Kageyama
- Miyu Irino (Akito Hyuuga in Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito) who voices Koushi Sugawara
- Satoshi Hino (Yuuji Sakai in Shakugan no Shana) voicing as Daichi Sawamura
- Sumire Morohoshi (Ichigo Hoshimiya from Aikatsu!) is voicing Hitoka Yachi
There will be slight changes with the production staff returning for the 4th season:
- Director: Masako Sato (Anima Yell!)
- General Director: Mariko Ishikawa (Haikyuu!! and Suisei no Gargantia Episode Director)
- Series Composer: Taku Kishimoto (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, Silver Spoon)
- Chief Animation Director: Yu Kobayashi (Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru)
- Anime Character Designer: Takahiro Kishida (Durarara!!, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica)
- Music Composers: Yuuki Hayashi (Gundam Build Fighters, Death Parade) and Asami Tachibana (Robotics;Notes, Owari no Seraph)
- Animation Studio: Production I.G. (Kuroko no Basket, Ghost in the Shell)
Haikyuu!! is a volleyball sports manga written and illustrated by Haruichi Furudate. The Haikyuu!! debuted as a one shot manga that was released in Winter 2011 in Shueisha’s Shonen Jump Next! magazine and another one-shot in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. After that one shot the manga became a weekly series in the same magazine where to date a total of 22 compiled volumes have been released. A crossover chapter with Naoshi Komi’s Nisekoi manga was produced in July last year. An anime adaptation of Haikyuu!! was produced this August in the Summer 2014 anime season that ran for a total of 26 episodes. The series was directed by Susumu Mitsunaka (Cuticle Tantei Inaba) and produced by Production I.G (Ghost in the Shell, Kuroko’s Basketball). A second season aired in the Fall/Autumn 2015 season for 25 episodes and was followed up by a third season in the following year for 10 episodes.
Here is a synopsis from MAL:
A chance event triggered Shouyou Hinata’s love for volleyball. His club had no members, but somehow persevered and finally made it into its very first and final regular match of middle school, where it was steamrolled by Tobio Kageyama, a superstar player known as “King of the Court.” Vowing revenge, Hinata applied to the Karasuno High School volleyball club… only to come face-to-face with his hated rival, Kageyama!
A tale of hot-blooded youth and volleyball from the pen of Haruichi Furudate!!
The 4th season of Haikyuu!!, Haikyuu!! To the Top, will premiere in early January 2020 during the Winter 2019/2020 anime season.