The official website of the anime adaptation of Shuuichi Asou’s Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan (The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.) manga has revealed a new visual and promotional video for the upcoming Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan: Shido-hen (The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.: Reawakened) anime.
Netflix has released the first promotional video for the upcoming anime, which reveals the December 30 release date:
Here is the anime’s first visual:
Two new cast members have been announced for Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan: Shido-hen:
- Nao Touyama (Chitoge Kirisaki in Nisekoi) joining the cast to voice Hii Suzumiya
- Kousuke Toriumi (Shunsuke Imaizumi from Yowamushi Pedal) voicing Iguchi Takumi
They will join the main cast:
- Hiroshi Kamiya (Koyomi Araragi in Bakemonogatari) leads the cast as Kusuo Saiki
- Daisuke Ono (Sebastian Michaelis in Black Butler) is voicing Riki Nendou
- Nobunaga Shimazaki (Haruka Nanase in Free!) voices Shun Kaidou
- Satoshi Hino (Yuuji Sakai in Shakugan no Shana) as Kineshi Hairo
- Natsuki Hanae (Inaho Kaizuka from Aldnoah.Zero) voicing Reita Toritsuka
- Haruka Tomatsu (Asuna in Sword Art Online) voices Kusuko Saiki
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan) joins the cast to voice Touma Akechi
- Eri Kitamura (Yui in Angel Beats!) voices Imu Rifuta
- Mao Ichimichi (Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) as Mikoto Aiura
The first season of the anime aired in July 2016 for a total of 120 episodes at a runtime of 5 minutes each. The second season ran in the Winter 2017/2018 anime season for a total of 24 episodes, with each episode being the standard 24 episodes.
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan (Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan) is a supernatural, comedy manga written and illustrated by Shuuichi Asou. The series began as a series of one-shot chapters in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump and Shueisha’s Jump Next! magazines in 2011, before being picked up as a full series under Weekly Shonen Jump in mid 2012. To date a total of 17 volumes have been published. An ONA was produced in late 2013 from Opera House (Pyuu to Fuku! Jaguar). The series has also inspired three voice comics, two novels and an appearance in the 2014 Shonen Jump’s J-Stars Victory VS video game. The series received a TV anime adaptation in Summer 2016, produced by EGG FIRM (First Major Production) and J.C. Staff (Bakuman., Toradora!) and directed by Hiroaki Sakurai (Di Gi Charat Nyo, Cromartie High School). A second season premiered in the Winter 2017/2018 anime season.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
To the average person, psychic abilities might seem a blessing; for Kusuo Saiki, however, this couldn’t be further from the truth. Gifted with a wide assortment of supernatural abilities ranging from telepathy to x-ray vision, he finds this so-called blessing to be nothing but a curse. As all the inconveniences his powers cause constantly pile up, all Kusuo aims for is an ordinary, hassle-free life—a life where ignorance is bliss.
Unfortunately, the life of a psychic is far from quiet. Though Kusuo tries to stay out of the spotlight by keeping his powers a secret from his classmates, he ends up inadvertently attracting the attention of many odd characters, such as the empty-headed Riki Nendou and the delusional Shun Kaidou. Forced to deal with the craziness of the people around him, Kusuo comes to learn that the ordinary life he has been striving for is a lot more difficult to achieve than expected.
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan: Shido-hen will premiere on Netflix on December 30.
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://www.saikikusuo.com/
And follow their Twitter: @saikikusuo_PR