At Jump Festa 2022, the staff of Japanese media publisher Shueisha announced that a 6th season of the anime adaptation of Kouhei Horikoshi’s Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) is in production for the Fall/Autumn 2022 anime season. The first key visual and promotional video was also unveiled.
The Boku no Hero Academia anime is set to return in the Fall/Autumn 2022 anime season, which generally begins in October. The new season will continue off where season 5 finished, adapting the Paranormal Liberation War arc.
Here is the first PV for season 6:
The main cast of the anime will return:
- Daiki Yamashita (Sakamichi Onoda from Yowamushi Pedal) is back to voice Izuku Midoriya
- Kenta Miyake (Mohammed Avdol from JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders) voicing All Might
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Rin Okumura in Ao no Exorcist) voicing as Katsuki Bakugou
- Ayane Sakura (Gasper Vladi from High School DxD New) as Ochaco Uraraka
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) as Tenya Iida
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) will voice as Tsuyu Asui
- Ryou Hirohashi (Kyou Fujibayashi in Clannad) voicing as Minoru Mineta
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) is voicing as Fumikage Tokoyami
- Marina Inoue (Armin Arlert from Attack on Titan) joins the cast to voice Momo Yaoyorozu
- Toshiki Masuda (Ryuu Zaou in Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love!) is voicing Eijirou Kirishima
- Tasuku Hatanaka (Ushio Aotsuki from Ushio to Tora) as Denki Kaminari
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan) voices Shouto Todoroki
- Eri Kitamura (Yui in Angel Beats!) voices Mina Ashido
The anime’s production staff includes:
- Chief Director: Kenji Nagasaki (Gundam Build Fighters, Classroom☆Crisis)
- Director: Masahiro Mukai (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
- Series Composer: Yousuke Kuroda (Gundam Build Fighters, Hellsing Ultimate)
- Anime Character Designers: Yoshihiko Umakoshi (Berserk, Casshern Sins) and Hitomi Odashima (Jewelpet Happiness, Eiga Jewelpet Sweets Dance Princess)
- Music Composer: Yuuki Hayashi (Death Parade, Haikyuu!!)
- Animation Studio: Studio Bones (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Noragami)
Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) is an action-adventure manga series written and illustrated by Kouhei Horikoshi. The series began in July 2014 under Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, where a total of 32 volumes have been compiled. The series is currently one of the highest-selling manga in Japan, with over 38 million copies in print. An anime adaptation of the series was announced in the November 2nd issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. The first season of the Boku no Hero Academia anime ran for a total of 13 episodes, airing throughout the Spring 2016 anime season. A second season followed in the Spring 2017 anime season, which ran for 25 episodes, followed by the third season in 2018, the fourth season in 2019, and the fifth season in 2020.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
People are not born equal, a realization that 4-year-old Midoriya Izuku faced when bullied by his classmates who had unique special powers. Izuku was one of the rare cases where he was born with absolutely no unique powers. This did not stop Izuku from pursuing his dream, a dream of becoming a great hero like the legendary All-Might. To become the great hero he hopelessly wants to become, he now will join the ranks of one of the highest rated “Hero Academies” in the country: Yueiko. With the help of his idol All-Might, will he be able to claim the ranks and become a true hero?
The 6th season of the Boku no Hero Academia anime is currently in production for the Fall/Autumn 2022 anime season.
Source Article - Anime News Network