Following the broadcast of the final episode of the anime adaptation of Yoshitoki Ooima’s Fumetsu no Anata e (To Your Eternity), it was revealed that the series will be getting a second season. The anime’s website has revealed a new visual confirming that the second season will premiere in Fall/Autumn 2022.
The first season of the anime began its broadcast on April 12th, 2021, and ran for a total of 20 episodes over 2 cours.
The main cast of the first season includes:
- Reiji Kawashima (Debut role) leading the cast as Fushi
- Rie Hikisaka (Hana Nono in Hug tto! Precure) as March
- Aya Uchida (Kotori Minami from Love Live! School Idol Project) voices the role of Parona
- Rikako Aikawa (Hare from Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu) as Pyoran
- Mitsuki Saiga (Takuto Shindou in Inazuma Eleven Go) voices Hayase
- Kenjirou Tsuda (Sadaharu Inui from Prince of Tennis) as Kansatsusha
- Ryouko Shiraishi (Hayate Ayasaki in Hayate no Gotoku!) as Gugu
- Eri Inagawa (Cyan Hijirikawa in Show By Rock!!) as Tonari Dalton
The leading members of the anime’s production staff include:
- Director: Masahiko Murata (Tsukumogami Kashimasu, Shikabane Hime: Aka)
- Series Composer: Shinzo Fujita (Shin Megami Tensei Devil Children, Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii)
- Anime Character Designer: Koji Yabuno (Uchuu Kyoudai, Kishin Taisen Gigantic Formula)
- Sound Director: Takeshi Takadera (Yowamushi Pedal, FLCL)
- Music Composer: Ryo Kawasaki (Reikenzan: Eichi e no Shikaku, Fate/Grand Order)
- Animation Studio: Brain’s Base (Baccano!, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun)
The anime’s Opening theme song is Pink Blood by Utada Hikaru, and the Ending theme song Mediator by Masashi Hamauzu.
Here is the main promotional video of the anime:
Fumetsu no Anata e (To Your Eternity) is a supernatural manga written and illustrated by Yoshitoki Ooima. The series began publication in late 2016 under Kodansha’s Weekly Shounen Magazine, where to date a total of 16 volumes have been released. The series won the Shounen Division award at the 43rd Kodansha Manga Awards and was a nomination at the 2019 Manga Taisho Awards. Ooima is known for writing and illustrating the 2013 manga Koe no Katachi (A Silent Voice), which ran for a total of 7 volumes under the same publication. A TV anime adaptation of the manga was produced for the Spring 2021 anime season, airing for a total of 20 episodes. The anime was directed by Masahiko Murata and produced by Brain’s Base.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
It, a mysterious immortal being, is sent to the Earth with no emotions nor identity. However, It is able to take the shape of those around that have a strong impetus.
At first, It is a sphere. Then, It imitates the form of a rock. As the temperature drops and snow falls atop the moss, It inherits the moss. When an injured, lone wolf comes limping by and lays down to die, It takes on the form of the animal. Finally, It gains consciousness and begins to traverse the empty tundra until It meets a boy.
The boy lives alone in a ghost town, which the adults abandoned long ago in search of the paradise said to exist far beyond the endless sea of white tundra. However, their efforts were for naught, and now the boy is in a critical state.
Acquiring the form of the boy, It sets off on a never-ending journey, in search of new experiences, places, and people.
The second season of the Fumetsu no Anata e TV anime has been announced and is in production for a Fall/Autumn 2022 broadcast.
Visit the anime’s website here: https://anime-fumetsunoanatae.com/
And follow the Twitter here: @nep_fumetsu