The official website of the upcoming Goodbye, DonGlees! original anime film has revealed a brand new visual for the 2022 movie. In addition, the main cast and set of character designs were also unveiled.
The main cast of Goodbye, DonGlees! have been revealed alongside the first set of character designs:
- Natsuki Hanae (Ken Kaneki in Tokyo Ghoul) leads the cast to voice Roma Kamogawa
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan) as Hokuto Mitarai
- Ayumu Murase (Rui Ninomiya from Gatchaman Crowds) joins the cast to voice Shizuku Sakuma
- Kana Hanazawa (Kanade Tachibana from Angel Beats!) as Tivoli Urayasu
The production staff of the film is as follows:
- Director and Scriptwriter: Atsuko Ishizuka (No Game No Life, Uchuu yori mo Tooi Basho)
- Character Designer: Takahiro Yoshimatsu (Hunter × Hunter, Uchuu yori mo Tooi Basho)
- Art Director: Ayano Okamoto (BanG Dream!, Hypnosis Mic -Division Rap Battle- Rhyme Anima)
- Music Composer: Yoshiaki Fujisawa (Love Live! School Idol Project, Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri)
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Aldnoah.Zero, AnoHana)
- Animation Studio: Madhouse (No Game No Life, One Punch-Man)
A brand new teaser trailer has been also been released :
Here is a 30-second cut of the trailer:
And a 15-second cut:
Here is the film’s synopsis from MAL:
The film depicts the miracle-like encounter of the “DonGlees” boys. At the end of an adventure with friends that began during an unusual summer vacation, the boys arrive in Iceland—the land of flames and ice. What “treasure” have the boys found by looking at themselves and transcending the world…!
The Goodbye, DonGlees! anime film is currently in production and is set to release in theatres across Japan in 2022.