The official website of the anime adaptation for Nanashi’s Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san (Don’t Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro) has announced that a second season has been green-lit.
Nanashi has also revealed a new image celebrating the announcement:
— ナナシ/774「イジらないで、長瀞さん」11巻発売中 (@774nanash) October 23, 2021
The Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san anime aired during the Spring 2021 anime season for a total of 12 episodes.
The main cast of the first season includes:
- Sumire Uesaka (Anastasia from The [email protected] Cinderella Girls) will lead the cast as Hayase Nagatoro
- Daiki Yamashita (Izuku Midoriya from Boku no Hero Academia) joins the cast to voice Naoto Hachiouji
- Mikako Komatsu (Neko in K) as Gamo-chan
- Aina Suzuki (Mari Ohara from Love Live! Sunshine!!) voices Yoshi
- Shiori Izawa (Nanachi in Made in Abyss) as Sakura
The first season’s production staff include:
- Director: Hirokazu Hanai (Dances with the Dragons, Tower of God Co-Director)
- Series Composer and Scriptwriter: Taku Kishimoto (Fruits Basket, Usagi Drop)
- Anime Character Designer: Misaki Suzuki (Another and Red Data Girl Sub-Character Designer)
- Music Composer: Gin (Nande Koko ni Sensei ga!?, Pop Team Epic)
- Animation Studio: Telecom Animation Film (Tower of God, Lupin III)
Here is the main PV of season 1:
Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san (Don’t Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro) is a romantic comedy manga written and illustrated by Nanashi. The series began publication in November 2017 under Kodansha’s Magazine Pocket magazine. To date, a total of 11 volumes have been compiled and published. Nanashi began drawing the manga before its serialization on the online Japanese media sharing site Pixiv, under the username 774. A TV anime adaptation of the series was produced for the Spring 2021 anime season, directed by Hirokazu Hanai and produced by Telecom Animation Film.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
High schooler Hayase Nagatoro loves to spend her free time doing one thing, and that is to bully her Senpai! After Nagatoro and her friends stumble upon the aspiring artist’s drawings, they find enjoyment in mercilessly bullying the timid Senpai. Nagatoro resolves to continue her cruel game and visits him daily so that she can force Senpai into doing whatever interests her at the time, especially if it makes him uncomfortable.
Slightly aroused by and somewhat fearful of Nagatoro, Senpai is constantly roped into her antics as his interests, hobbies, appearance, and even personality are used against him as she entertains herself at his expense. As time goes on, Senpai realizes that he doesn’t dislike Nagatoro’s presence, and the two of them develop an uneasy friendship as one patiently puts up with the antics of the other.
A second season of the Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san anime has been announced and is in production.
Visit the anime’s website here: https://www.nagatorosan.jp/
Follow the series on Twitter: @nagatoro_tv
Source Image - @774nanash