The official website of the anime adaptation of Junpei Inuzuka and Katsumi Enami and Katsumi Enami’s Isekai Shokudou (Restaurant to Another World) has revealed that the upcoming second season will premiere this October, during the Fall/Autumn 2021 anime season. In addition, the site has revealed a new visual and promotional video.
Here is the second season’s previous visual:
Here is the first promotional video for Isekai Shokudou Season 2:
Two new cast members have been revealed for season 2:
- Kiyono Yasuno (Megumi Katou in Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata) joins the cast to voice Sara
- Nao Touyama (Chitoge Kirisaki in Nisekoi) as Hilda
They will join the returning main cast members from the first season:
- Junichi Suwabe (Victor Nikifolov from Yuri!!! On Ice) will voice Tenshu
- Sumire Uesaka (Sanae Dekomori in Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) as Aretta
- Saori Oonishi (La Folia Rihavein in Strike the Blood) will be voicing Kuro
The production staff has a few changes from the first season:
- Director and Series Composer: Masato Jinbo (Isekai Shokudou, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei)
- Anime Character Designer: Yasukazu Shoji (Kami-sama Minarai, Tamagotchi! (2009))
- Music Composer: Miho Tsujibayashi (Isekai Shokudou)
- Sound Director: Masanori Tsuchiya (Isekai Shokudou, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya)
- Animation Studio: OLM (Pokemon, Inazuma Eleven)
Isekai Shokudou (Restaurant to Another World) is a fantasy mystery, light novel series written by Junpei Inuzuka with illustrations by Katsumi Enami. The series launched in 2013 on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website before being picked up by Shufunotomo in 2015. To date, a total of 5 compiled volumes have been published under their Hero Bunko imprint. A manga adaptation of the series began in November 2016 being published under Square Enix’s Young Gangan magazine. The series received a TV anime adaptation in Summer 2017, directed by Masato Jinbo (Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei, Shomin Sample) and produced by Silver Link (Non Non Biyori, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya).
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
At the bottom floor of the building with a dog signboard, in the shopping district near the office street, there lies a cafeteria called “Youshoku no Nekoya,” that has an illustration of a cat on the door. It’s been open for fifty years and has satisfied various salarymen from nearby offices. Despite it being called a Western cuisine cafeteria, it also provides other varieties of menus. For the people of this certain world, it’s their one-and-only special cafeteria.
There is, however, one secret to “Nekoya.” The cafeteria is closed to the public every Saturday in order to make way for special guests. When a bell rings, customers from different places of birth and races appear who ask for mysterious and delicious dishes. They are actually the same dishes served to the salarymen, but these special guests find them to be more exotic than to what they are used to. As the cafeteria aims to serve masterpieces, it is usually referred as “Isekai Shokudou.”
And so, the bell rings again this week.
The second season of the Isekai Shokudou anime is in production and will premiere this October, during the Fall/Autumn 2021 anime season.
Visit the anime’s website here: https://isekai-shokudo2.com/
And follow their Twitter: @nekoya_PR