The official website of the TV anime adaptation of Hiroyuki’s Kanojo mo Kanojo (Girlfriend, Girlfriend) manga revealed the first details on the series’ home media releases. The anime itself will run for a total of 12 episodes.
The first details about the DVD and Blu-ray release of the anime have been revealed. There will be a total of 4 volumes, with each containing 3 episodes, totalling 12 episodes. Each volume will also contain a special case, a booklet, audio commentary and a uniquely designed digipak. The Blu-ray volumes will retail for ¥ 9,900 (~ US$ 89.90) whilst the DVD will retail for ¥8,800 (~ US$79.90), including tax.
The release dates for the volumes are as follows:
- Volume 1, Episodes 1-3 – October 6
- Volume 2, Episodes 4-6 – November 5
- Volume 3, Episodes 6-9 – December 3
- Volume 4, Episodes 10-12 – January 7, 2022
Retail outlets have revealed pre-order bonuses for the home media releases, in the form of posters and tapestries:
- Amazon Japan
The anime is currently airing every MBS and TBS on Saturday, at 2:25 am JST.
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Ayane Sakura (Ochaco Uraraka from Boku no Hero Academia) voices Saki Saki
- Rie Takahashi (Megumin in KonoSuba) voices the role of Shino Kiryuu
- Ayana Taketatsu (Suguha Kirigaya from Sword Art Online) as Rika Hoshizaki
- Junya Enoki (Yuji Itadori in Jujutsu Kaisen) as Naoya Mukai
The anime’s production staff consists of:
- Director: Satoshi Kuwabara (Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, Dagashi Kashi)
- Series Composer and Scriptwriter: Keiichirou Ochi (Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai!, 5 Toubun no Hanayome)
- Animation Director and Anime Character Designer: Akiko Toyoda (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans)
- Music Composers: Miki Sakurai (Hi Score Girl, Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta…), Tatsuhiko Saiki (Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta…) and Sayaka Aoki (Debut role)
- Sound Director: Satoshi Motoyama (Senki Zesshou Symphogear, Oreimo)
- Animation Studio: Tezuka Productions (Black Jack, Sakamichi no Apollon)
Here is the anime’s latest PV:
Kanojo mo Kanojo (Girlfriend, Girlfriend) is a romantic comedy manga written and illustrated by Hiroyuki. The series began in early 2020 and is published under Kodansha’s Weekly Shonen Magazine. To date, a total of 6 volumes have been compiled and published.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
After harboring an unrequited love for years, Naoya Mukai finally gets to date his childhood friend, Saki Saki. However, just as he tries to commit himself to this relationship, he receives an abrupt confession from Nagisa Minase.
At first, Naoya tries to reject her but is soon overcome by feelings of not wanting to hurt Nagisa. Trying to avoid betraying his girlfriend’s trust in him, Naoya thinks up a “solution” to make both girls happy—two-timing. Naturally, Saki rebuffs this idea, but through Naoya’s and Nagisa’s persistence, she reluctantly submits.
With this, a three-way affair begins between Naoya, his girlfriend, and his “other” girlfriend, as they develop a relationship that deviates from the social norm.
The TV anime of Kanojo mo Kanojo is currently airing every Saturday at 2:25 am JST on MBS and TBS.