During the broadcast of the final episode in the TV anime adaptation of Tomohito Oda’s Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. (Komi can’t communicate), it was announced that the series is getting a second season for April 2022.
The Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. anime airs every Wednesday at midnight (effectively Thursday) on TV Tokyo. The anime is also streamed online via Netflix. Season 2 will also be streamed on Netflix during the Spring 2022 anime season.
The main cast of the first season includes:
- Aoi Koga (Kaguya Shinomiya from Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai) leads the cast as Shouko Komi
- Gakuto Kajiwara (Asta from Black Clover) voices Hitohito Tadano
- Rie Murakawa (Hotaru Ichijou in Non Non Biyori) as Najimi Osana
- Rina Hidaka (Airi Kashii in Ro-Kyu-Bu!) joins the cast to voice Ren Yamai
- Rumi Ookubo (Tsumiki Miniwa in Acchi Kocchi) as Omoharu Nakanaka
- Yukiyo Fujii (Latifah Fleuranza in Amagi Brilliant Park) will voice the role of Himiko Agari
The leading members of the anime’s production staff include:
- General Director: Ayumu Watanabe (Doraemon, Uchuu Kyoudai)
- Director: Kazuki Kawagoe (Beyblade Burst God Episode Director)
- Series Composer: Deko Akao (Noragami, Arakawa Under the Bridge)
- Anime Character Designer: Atsuko Nakajima (Ranma ½, Tokyo Ghoul:re)
- Animation Studio: OLM (Pokémon, Yo-kai Watch)
Here is the anime’s first PV:
Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. (Komi can’t communicate) is a romantic comedy manga written and illustrated by Tomohito Oda. The series began in 2016 and is published under Shogakukan’s Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine. To date, a total of 23 volumes have been published. The series has over 5 million copies in circulation and was ranked 1st in the 2020 AnimeJapan awards for Most Wanted Anime Adaptation. The series was adapted into a 12 episode TV anime in the Fall/Autumn 2021 anime season, directed by Ayumu Watanabe and produced by OLM. The series was also adapted into a live-action TV drama in the same year.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
It’s Shouko Komi’s first day at the prestigious Itan Private High School, and she has already risen to the status of the school’s Madonna. With long black hair and a tall, graceful appearance, she captures the attention of anyone who comes across her. There’s just one problem though—despite her popularity, Shouko is terrible at communicating with others.
Hitohito Tadano is your average high school boy. With his life motto of “read the situation and make sure to stay away from trouble,” he quickly finds that sitting next to Shouko has made him the enemy of everyone in his class! One day, knocked out by accident, Hitohito later wakes up to the sound of Shouko’s “meow.” He lies that he heard nothing, causing Shouko to run away. But before she can escape, Hitohito surmises that Shouko is not able to talk to others easily—in fact, she has never been able to make a single friend. Hitohito resolves to help Shouko with her goal of making one hundred friends so that she can overcome her communication disorder.
A second season of the Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. anime has been announced and will air in April 2022.