The official website of the TV anime adaptation of Tomohito Oda’s Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. (Komi can’t communicate) has revealed a brand new visual, new cast members, and a new promotional video for the upcoming October anime.
Three new cast members have been announced for the Komi-san anime:
- Rina Hidaka (Airi Kashii in Ro-Kyu-Bu!) joins the cast to voice Ren Yamai
- Rumi Ookubo (Tsumiki Miniwa in Acchi Kocchi) as Omoharu Nakanaka
- Yukiyo Fujii (Latifah Fleuranza in Amagi Brilliant Park) will voice the role of Himiko Agari
They will join the previously announced cast members:
- Aoi Koga (Kaguya Shinomiya from Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai) leads the cast as Shouko Komi
- Gakuto Kajiwara (Asta from Black Clover) voices Hitohito Tadano
- Rie Murakawa (Hotaru Ichijou in Non Non Biyori) as Najimi Osana
The first promotional video for the upcoming anime has been revealed:
Here is the anime’s announcement video:
The leading members of the anime’s production staff include:
- General Director: Ayumu Watanabe (Doraemon, Uchuu Kyoudai)
- Director: Kazuki Kawagoe (Beyblade Burst God Episode Director)
- Series Composer: Deko Akao (Noragami, Arakawa Under the Bridge)
- Anime Character Designer: Atsuko Nakajima (Ranma ½, Tokyo Ghoul:re)
- Animation Studio: OLM (Pokémon, Yo-kai Watch)
Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. (Komi can’t communicate) is a romantic comedy manga written and illustrated by Tomohito Oda. The series began in 2016 and is published under Shogakukan’s Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine. To date, a total of 22 volumes have been published. The series has over 5 million copies in circulation and was ranked 1st in the 2020 AnimeJapan awards for Most Wanted Anime Adaptation.
It’s Shouko Komi’s first day at the prestigious Itan Private High School, and she has already risen to the status of the school’s Madonna. With long black hair and a tall, graceful appearance, she captures the attention of anyone who comes across her. There’s just one problem though—despite her popularity, Shouko is terrible at communicating with others.
Hitohito Tadano is your average high school boy. With his life motto of “read the situation and make sure to stay away from trouble,” he quickly finds that sitting next to Shouko has made him the enemy of everyone in his class! One day, knocked out by accident, Hitohito later wakes up to the sound of Shouko’s “meow.” He lies that he heard nothing, causing Shouko to run away. But before she can escape, Hitohito surmises that Shouko is not able to talk to others easily—in fact, she has never been able to make a single friend. Hitohito resolves to help Shouko with her goal of making one hundred friends so that she can overcome her communication disorder.
The TV anime adaptation of Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. is currently in production for an October 2021 premiere, during the Fall/Autumn 2021 anime season.