The official website for the upcoming TV anime adaptation of Tomoki Izumi’s Mieruko-chan manga has revealed that the series will premiere this October. In addition, the site has revealed a brand new visual and promotional video.
The Mieruko-chan anime will be airing on Tokyo MX, BS NTV, and AT-X this October, during the Fall/Autumn 2021 anime season.
Here is the anime’s previous visual:
The second promotional video for the anime has been released:
Here is the first PV:
The main cast of the anime stars:
- Sora Amamiya (Miia from Monster Musume) as Miko Yotsuya
- Kaede Hondo (Kukuru Nonomoto in Fushigi na Somera-chan) voicing the role of Hana Yurikawa
- Momo Asakura (Ayumi Otosaka in Charlotte) as Yuria Niguredou
The leading members of the anime’s production staff include:
- Director: Yuki Ogawa (Ishuzoku Reviewers, Miru Tights)
- Series Composer and Scriptwriter: Kenta Ihara (Full Dive, Youjo Senki)
- Anime Character Designer and Animation Director: Chikashi Kadekaru (Juni Taisen: Zodiac War, Ta ga Tame no Alchemist)
- Chief Animation Directors: Masahide Yanagisawa (High School DxD Hero, ToHeart2), Hideki Hashimoto (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni – GOU), Katsuzo Hirata (Angel Beats!, Strike Witches), Kyoko Kametani (Fruits Basket (2019), Rilu Rilu Fairilu: Mahou no Kagami) and Yuka Takashina (Shugo Chara!! Doki, Oda Nobuna no Yabou)
- Music Composer: Kana Utatane (RE-MAIN)
- Sound Director: Fumiyuki Go (Overlord, Rail Wars!)
- Animation Studio: Passione (Rokka no Yuusha, Citrus)
Mieruko-chan is a comedic horror manga written and illustrated by Tomoki Izumi. The manga originally began on Izumi’s Twitter account in 2018, before being picked up by Kadokawa. The manga is currently published online under the publisher’s ComicWalker web manga, with a total of 5 compiled volumes. The series ranked in the top 10 Web Mangas in the 2019 Tsugi ni Kuru Manga Taisho awards.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Miko is a typical high school student whose life turns upside down when she suddenly starts to see gruesome and hideous monsters. Despite being completely terrified, Miko carries on with her daily life, pretending not to notice the horrors that surround her. She must endure the fear in order to keep herself and her friend Hana out of danger, even if that means coming face to face with the absolute worst. Blending both comedy and horror, Mieruko-chan tells the story of a girl who tries to deal with the paranormal by acting indifferent toward it.
The Mieruko-chan TV anime adaptation is currently in production for an October 2021 broadcast on Tokyo MX.
Visit the anime’s website here: https://mierukochan.jp/
And follow the series on Twitter: @mierukochan_PR