During the premiere of the most recent Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya anime film, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya: Licht – Namae no Nai Shoujo, the production staff announced that a new sequel anime in the franchise is in production.
The newly announced anime will be a sequel to the recent film. Though its format and intended release have not yet been revealed.
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya: Licht – Namae no Nai Shoujo was released in theatres across Japan on August 27th.
The main cast of the film includes:
- Mai Kadowaki (Sanya V. Litvyak from Strike Witches) as Illyasviel von Einzbern
- Kaori Nazuka (Nunnally Lamperouge from Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch) as Miyu Edelfelt
- Chiwa Saito (Homura Akemi in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) voices the role of Chloe Von Einzburn
- Natsuki Hanae (Ken Kaneki in Tokyo Ghoul) voices Julian Ainsworth
- Sumire Morohoshi (Emma from The Promised Neverland) as Erika Ainsworth
- Rie Kugimiya (Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist) as Beatrice Flowerchild
The production staff includes:
- Director: Shin Oonuma (Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, Kokoro Connect)
- Scriptwriters: Hazuki Minase (C³ creator) and Kenji Inoue (Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu)
- Character Designer: Kazuya Hirata (Bofuri)
- Music Composer: TECHNOBOYS PULCRAFT GREEN-FUND (Witch Craft Works, Trinity Seven)
- Animation Studio: Silver Link (Kokoro Connect, Non Non Biyori)
Here is the film’s latest video:
The film is the third film based on the Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya franchise. The first film, Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma☆Illya: Sekka no Chikai, was released in Summer 2017. It was followed by a second film, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya: Prisma☆Phantasm, which was released across Japan in mid-2019. The first film was a prequel to the original manga and anime, whilst the second film was a comedic spin-off.
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya is a spin-off manga series from Type-Moon’s Fate/stay night franchise by Hiroshi Hiroyama. The manga follows Illyasviel von Einzbern in an alternate universe where she is a magical girl. The manga original released in 2007 in Kadokawa Shoten’s Comp Ace magazine and ran for 2 volumes. A sequel series Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya 2wei! released in 2009 and another titled Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya 3rei! began in 2012, which the latter is still ongoing at 6 volumes to date. The anime adaptation of the first manga series aired in June 2013 and the second series in July 2014, both of which were produced by Silver Link (Kokoro Connect, Non Non Biyori). A third season of the anime, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz!, aired in Summer 2015. A fourth season of the anime adapted the Fate/kaleid Liner Prisma☆Illya Drei!! manga, the third manga and a direct sequel to Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei!, aired in Summer 2016. An original anime film based on the manga was produced and released in Japan in Summer 2017. A second mini-film was released in mid 2019.
Here is a brief synopsis of the series from MAL:
Mage’s Association members Rin Toosaka and Luviagelita “Luvia” Edelfelt are tasked with finding and retrieving seven Class Cards, medieval artifacts containing the life essence of legendary Heroic Spirits. To aid them in their mission, they are granted the power of Ruby and Sapphire, two sentient Kaleidosticks that would enable them to transform themselves into magical girls and drastically increase their abilities. However, the two mages are on anything but good terms, prompting the Kaleidosticks to abandon them in search for new masters. They stumble upon two young schoolgirls—Illyasviel von Einzbern and Miyu—and quickly convince them to form a contract. With their new powers and responsibilities, Illya and Miyu set forth to collect all the Class Cards.
A new Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya sequel anime has been announced and is in production.
Source Article - Anime News Network