The official website of the anime adaptation of Miki Yoshikawa’s Kakkou no Iinazuke (A Couple of Cuckoos) has revealed a brand new key visual for the upcoming series. In addition, new cast members and promotional videos were also unveiled.
Here is the anime’s previous visual:
Two new cast members have been revealed for the anime:
- Nao Touyama (Chitoge Kirisaki in Nisekoi) joins the cast to voice Hiro Segawa
- Konomi Kohara (Chika Fujiwara in Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai) as Sachi Umino
They will join the previously revealed cast members:
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) leads the cast to voice Nagi Umino
- Akari Kitou (Nezuko Kamado in Demon Slayer) as Erika Amano
The third promotional video has been released, which focuses on Sachi Umino:
Here is the 2nd PV that introduces Hiro Segawa:
The leading members of the production staff include:
- Chief Director: Hiroaki Akagi (Hina Logi: from Luck & Logic, Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san)
- Director: Yoshiyuki Shirahata (Houkago Teibou Nisshi and Maoujou de Oyasumi Episode Director)
- Series Composer: Yasuhiro Nakanishi (Carole & Tuesday, Kaguya-sama)
- Anime Character Designer: Aya Takano (Himouto! Umaru-chan, Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san)
- Animation Studios: Shin-Ei Animation (Doraemon, Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san) and SynergySP (Initial D: Fifth Stage, Taisho Otome Otogi Banashi)
Kakkou no Iinazuke (A Couple of Cuckoos) is a romantic comedy manga written and illustrated by Miki Yoshikawa. The manga began in early 2020 and is published under Kodansha’s Weekly Shonen Magazine. To date, a total of 6 volumes have been compiled and published. The series has also be adapted into a novel, with the first chapter releasing on April 16. Yoshikawa is also known for her Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches) manga, which was also adapted into a TV anime.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
16-year-old super-studier Nagi Umino, second-year student at the Meguro River Academy high school, was switched at birth. On his way to a dinner to meet his birth parents, he accidentally meets the brash, outspoken, Erika Amano, who is determined to make Nagi her fake boyfriend as she never wants to actually marry. But once Nagi makes it to dinner, he finds his parents have decided to resolve the hospital switch by conveniently having him marry the daughter his birth parents raised…who turns out to be none other than Erika herself! (Source: Kodansha USA)
A Kakkou no Iinazuke TV anime adaptation is in production for a 2022 broadcast.