The anime’s website of the upcoming TV anime adaptation of Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata’s Platinum End manga has announced that the series will be airing this Fall/Autumn on TBS for a total of 24 episodes. A brand new visual, main cast and promotional video were also revealed.
The main cast alongside their character designs have been revealed:
- Miyu Irino (Akito Hyuuga in Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito) leading the series as Mirai Kakehashi
- Yui Ogura (Tsukiko Tsutsukakushi from Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.) as Nasse
- c (Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) as Saki Hanakago
- Natsuki Hanae (Ken Kaneki in Tokyo Ghoul) will voice Revel
- Toshiyuki Morikawa (Minato Namikaze in Naruto) as Nanato Mukaidou
- Ai Kayano (Menma from AnoHana) will voice the role of Baret
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) voices the role of Kanade Uryuu
- Kikuko Inoue (Sanae Furukawa in Clannad) as Meyza
- Tomoaki Maeno (Decim from Death Parade) as Hajime Sokotani
- Hikaru Midorikawa (Kyousuke Natsume from Little Busters!) as Balta
The first promotional video for the anime has been released, introducing the main characters and premise:
Here is the teaser PV:
The leading production staff have also been revealed and consists of:
- Director: Hideya Takahashi (Fantasista Stella, Keijo!!!!!)
- Series Composer: Shinichi Inotsume (Gangsta., Sket Dance)
- Anime Character Designer: Kouji Oodate (No Game, No Life)
- Sound Director: Takatoshi Hamano (Rewrite, Keijo!!!!!)
- Animation Studio: Signal.MD (Atom The Beginning, FLCL Progressive)
Platinum End is a supernatural drama manga written by Tsugumi Ohba and illustrated by Takeshi Obata. The series ran from 2015 till January this year under Shueisha’s Jump Square magazine, for a total of 14 volumes. Ohba and Obata are a well-known mangaka pair, who both created the Death Note and Bakuman manga, in 2003 and 2008 respectively. Both series were well received and adapted into TV anime in the following years of publication.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
After the death of his parents, a young Mirai Kakehashi is left in the care of his abusive relatives. Since then, he has become gloomy and depressed, leading him to attempt suicide on the evening of his middle school graduation. Mirai, however, is saved by a pure white girl named Nasse who introduces herself as a guardian angel wishing to give him happiness—by granting him supernatural powers and a chance to become the new God.
In order to earn the position, he must defeat 12 other “God Candidates” within 999 days. Soon, Mirai begins a struggle to survive as a terrifying battle royale erupts between himself and the candidates looking to obtain the most power in the world.
The TV anime adaptation of Platinum End is in production and is scheduled to premiere this Fall/Autumn (which generally begins in October) on TBS for a total of 24 episodes.
Visit the anime’s website here: https://anime-platinumend.com/
And follow their Twitter: @ani_platinumend