The official website of the anime adaptation of Alifred Yamamoto’s Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. (Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It) has announced that the upcoming second season will premiere in April 2022. In addition, the site has revealed a brand new visual and promotional video.
The second season of the anime will be titled Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. r=1-sinθ (Heart) and will air next April during the Spring 2022 anime season.
The first promotional video has been released, which reintroduces our beloved lab workers and the new characters:
Two new cast members have been announced for season 2:
- Marina Yamada (First Major Role) joins the cast to voice Midori Fujiwara
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan) as Chris Floret
The main cast of the first season will return:
- Sora Amamiya (Aqua from Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!) returns to voice Ayame Himuro
- Yuuma Uchida (Yuuma Kousaka from Gundam Build Fighters Try) as Shinya Yukimura
- Natsuko Hara (Tokine Amino in Nazotokine) as Kotonoha Kanade
- Nichika Oomori (Yurika Nijino in Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?) is back to voice Ena Ibarada
- Jun Fukushima (Kazuma Satou in Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!) will be voicing Kosuke Inukai
- Ryoutarou Okiayu (Byakuya Kuchiki from Bleach) as Professor Ikeda
The leading members of the first season’s production staff will also return to produce the second season:
- Director: Toru Kitahata (Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT)
- Assistant Director: Kenta Onishi (Ore dake Haireru Kakushi Dungeon: Kossori Kitaete Sekai Saikyou)
- Series Composer and Screenplay Writer: Rintarou Ikeda (Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin, Hortensia Saga)
- Anime Character Designer and Animation Director: Yuusuke Isouchi (One Piece and Gatchaman Crowds Insight Animation Director)
- Art Director: Hirofumi Sakagami (Ao no Exorcist, Imouto sae Ireba Ii.)
- Music Composers: Shoichiro Hirata, hisakuni (Shichisei no Subaru, Chikasugi Idol Akae-chan), Takuma Sogi (Battle Athletes Daiundōkai ReSTART!, Shichisei no Subaru), Yuuko Takahashi, Shuuhei Takahashi, Kenta Yokochi, Uio, Kaoru Otsuka (Shichisei no Subaru)
- Sound Director: Yuichi Imaizumi (Cardfight!! Vanguard, Kumo desu ga, Nani ka?)
- Animation Studio: Zero-G (DIVE!!, One Room)
Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. (Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It) is a romantic comedy manga written and illustrated by Alifred Yamamoto. The series began in early 2016 and is currently published under Flex Comix’s Comic Meteor magazine. To date, a total of 10 volumes have been published. The series has been adapted into a live-action TV mini-drama in 2018 and a live-action film in 2019. A TV anime adaptation was produced in 2020 from Toru Kitahata and Zero-G.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
It is widely believed that science can provide rational explanations for the countless phenomena of our universe. However, there are many aspects of our existence that science has not yet found a solution to and cannot decipher with numbers. The most notorious of these is the concept of love. While it may seem impossible to apply scientific theory to such an intricate and complex emotion, a daring pair of quick-witted Saitama University scientists aim to take on the challenge.
One day the bold and beautiful Ayame Himuro outwardly declares that she is in love with Shinya Yukimura, her fellow logical and level-headed scientist. Acknowledging his own lack of experience with romance, Yukimura questions what factors constitute love in the first place and whether he is in love with Himuro or not. Both clueless in the dealings of love, the pair begin to conduct detailed experiments on one another to test the human characteristics that indicate love and discern whether they demonstrate these traits towards each other.
As Himuro and Yukimura begin their intimate analysis, can the two scientists successfully apply scientific theory, with the help of their friends, to quantify the feelings they express for one another?
The second season of the Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. anime will air in April 2022, during the Spring 2022 anime season.