The official website of the anime adaptation of Afro’s Yurucamp△ (Laid-Back Camp△) has revealed the first key visual for the anime’s upcoming 2022 film. In addition, the main cast and staff were also unveiled.
The film is currently slated to release in the early Summer of 2022.
The main cast from the prior seasons will return for the film:
- Yumiri Hanamori (Chiaya Misono from Rolling☆Girls) returns to voice Nadeshiko Kagamihara
- Nao Touyama (Chitoge Kirisaki in Nisekoi) as Rin Shima
- Aki Toyosaki (Yui Hirasawa from K-ON!) who will voice Aoi Inuyama
- Rie Takahashi (Megumin in KonoSuba) voicing the role of Ena Saitou
The anime’s production staff consists of:
- Director: Yoshiaki Kyougoku (Yurucamp△)
- Scriptwriter: Jin Tanaka (Tokyo Ghoul, Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha)
- Anime Character Designer: Mutsumi Sasaki (Seikoku no Dragonar, Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom)
- Animation Studio: C-Station (Seikoku no Dragonar, Starmyu)
Yurucamp△ (Laid-Back Camp△) is a comedy slice of life manga written and illustrated by Afro. The series is currently serialized in Houbunsha’s Manga Time Kirara Forward magazine, where to date a total of 12 compiled volumes have been published. An anime adaptation of the manga premiered in January 2018 for a total of 12 episodes. The anime was followed by a spin-off series titled Heya Camp△ in the Winter 2019/2020 anime season, and a second season in the Winter 2020/2021 anime season.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Rin likes to go camping by herself along the lakes that provide a scenic view of Mt. Fuji. Nadeshiko loves to take cycling trips by herself to places where she can see Mt. Fuji. After they meet, Rin and Nadeshiko take camping trips, eat cup ramen together, and enjoy the scenery.
The Yuru Camp△ anime movie is currently in production and is scheduled for an early Summer 2022 release.