The official website of the Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru anime project has revealed that the upcoming third season, Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou (Yuki Yuna is a Hero: The Great Full Blossom), will premiere on October 2nd. A brand new promotional video was also revealed.
The Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou anime will premiere on TBS and MBS on Saturday, October 2nd at 1:55 am JST. The anime will also air at 2:30 am JST, and on AT-X from the 4th at 9:00 pm JST.
The first promotional video has been revealed for the third season:
Here is the announcement promotional video for the third season:
The main cast of the prior seasons have been confirmed to return for the upcoming season:
- Haruka Terui (Kobeni Yonomori in Mikakunin de Shinkoukei) will return to voice Yuuna Yuuki
- Suzuko Mimori (Umi Sonoda in Love Live! School Idol Project) voices Mimori Tougou
- Yumi Uchiyama (Yoko Inokuma from Kiniro Mosaic) will be voicing Fuu Inubouzaki
- Tomoyo Kurosawa (Kumiko Oumae from Hibike! Euphonium) as Itsuki Inubouzaki
- Juri Nagatsuma (Kanna Makino in Tamako Market) voicing Karin Miyoshi
- Kana Hanazawa (Kanade Tachibana from Angel Beats!) as Sonoko Nogi
The series’ production staff were also revealed in the announcement, which largely consists of returning members:
- Director: Seiji Kishi (Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru, Angel Beats!)
- Series Composer and Scriptwriter: Makoto Uezu (Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru, Arslan Senki)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Takahiro Sakai (Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru, Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge)
- Music Composers: Keiichi Okabe (Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru, Nier) and MONACA (Hanayamata, Oregairu)
- Animation Studio: Studio Gokumi (Kiniro Mosaic, A-Channel)
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru (Yuki Yuna Is a Hero) is an anime series that aired in the Fall/Autumn 2014 anime season that is part of the greater Takahiro IV Project, that includes 4 projects produced and written by Takahiro. The first project was the Visual Novel Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu, the second was an anime adaptation of Takahiro’s Akame ga Kill! manga, the third project is a light novel series Washio Sumi wa Yuusha de Aru. The original anime series aired for a total of 12 episodes in 2014 and was produced by Studio Gokumi (Kiniro Mosaic, A-Channel) and directed by Seiji Kishi (Persona 4 The Animation, Angel Beats!). The anime was followed with a second season in October 2017.
Here is a synopsis of the anime from MAL:
In her everyday life, Yuuna Yuuki is a hero. As proof, she is in her middle school’s Hero Club, where she does her best to help others and bring a smile to everyone’s face.
But Yuuna, always up to any task, is about to become an even bigger hero. Mysterious destructive forces called Vertexes begin threatening the world she loves, and the Hero Club is called upon by a strange phone app to save it. Along with her best friend Mimori Tougou, as well as sisters Fuu and Itsuki Inubouzaki, they must transform into magical girls in order to battle the Vertexes.
In between studying and putting on shows for kids, Yuuna and the Hero Club must fight for the very existence of their world and face the harsh truths behind their own powers, all the while discovering what it truly means to be a hero.
The third season of the Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru anime, Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou, will air on Saturdays on TBS and MBS at 1:55 am JST from October 2nd.