The official website of the anime adaptation of Tite Kubo’s Bleach has revealed that the upcoming series, Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War, will begin airing on October 11th for a total of 4 split cours. In addition, a brand new promotional video was also revealed.
The Bleach anime will return with the Thousand-Year Blood War Arc at midnight on Monday, October 10th JST (effectively Tuesday, October 11th) on TV Tokyo and BS TV Tokyo. The anime will then air on Sendai TV on Tuesday at 1:30 am JST, and Hiroshima TV on Wednesday at 1:29 am JST.
It has been announced that the anime will run over 4 split cours. It will have 4 parts airing over the course of 2 years, having a season break in between. The anime had a live pre-screening event of the first two episodes today in various theatres across Japan.
The second official trailer has been released, which previews more of the animation, soundtrack, and the Opening theme song: Scar by Tatsuya Kitani.
The main cast of the Thousand-Year Blood War includes:
- Masakazu Morita (Xin Li in Kingdom) returns to voice Ichigo Kurosaki
- Fumiko Orikasa (Miu Matsuoka in Ichigo Mashimaro) is back as Rukia Kuchiki
- Yuki Matsuoka (Ayumu Kasuga from Azumanga Daioh) as Orihime Inoue
- Noriaki Sugiyama (Sasuke Uchiha in Naruto) as Uryu Ishida
- Hiroki Yasumoto (Hoozuki from Hoozuki no Reitetsu) is back to voice Yasutora “Chad” Sado
- Kentarou Itou (Yoshitake Shiraishi in Golden Kamuy) as Renji Abarai
- Shinichiro Miki (Roy Mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist) as Kisuke Urahara
- Houko Kuwashima (Tomoyo Sakagami from Clannad) voicing Soi Fong
- Aya Hisakawa (Sailor Mercury from Sailor Moon) as Retsu Unohana
- Ryotarou Okiayu (Hisashi Mitsui in Slam Dunk) voices the role of Byakuya Kuchiki
- Tetsu Inada (Enji Todoroki in Boku no Hero Academia) as Sajin Komamura
- Akio Ootsuka (Batou from Ghost in the Shell) is back to voice Shunsui Kyoraku
- Romi Park (Edward Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist) as Toshiro Hitsugaya
- Fumihiko Tachiki (Gendou Ikari in Neon Genesis Evangelion) is back as Kenpachi Zaraki
- Ryusei Nakao (Freeza from Dragon Ball) returns to voice Mayuri Kurotsuchi
- Hideo Ishikawa (Itachi Uchiha from Naruto) is back as Jushiro Ukitake
- Masaya Onosaka (Vash the Stampede in Trigun) as Shinji Hirako
- Satsuki Yukino (Kagome Higurashi in InuYasha) returns to voice Yoruichi Shihoin
New cast members that will make their debut in the new anime were also revealed (alongside a new casting for Yamamoto):
- Binbin Takaoka (Sauros Boreas Greyrat from Mushoku Tensei) as Genryusai Shigekuni Yamamoto
- Takayuki Sugou (Simon from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann) as Yhwach
- Yuuichirou Umehara (En Yufuin in Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE!) will play as Jugram Haschwalth
- Shunsuke Takeuchi (Producer from The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls) is voicing the role of Askin Nakk Le Vaar
- Ayana Taketatsu (Suguha Kirigaya from Sword Art Online) joins the cast as Bambietta Basterbine
- Yuuki Ono (Taiga Kagami from Kuroko no Basket) as Bazz-B
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito from Sword Art Online) voices As Nodt
- Naomi Kusumi (Lian Po in Kingdom Season 2) as Ichibee Hyosube
- Youji Ueda (Robert E. O. Speedwagon from JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure) joins the cast to voice Ouetsu Nimaiya
- Tomoyuki Shimura (Technology Chief in Towa no Quon) as Tenjiro Kirinji
- Ayumi Tsunematsu (Marina Ismail in Mobile Suit Gundam 00) as Kirio Hikifune
- Rina Satou (Misaka Mikoto in Toaru Majutsu no Index) will voice Senjumaru Shutara
- Yumi Uchiyama (Yoko Inokuma in Kiniro Mosaic) as Candice Catnipp
- Natsuki Hanae (Ken Kaneki in Tokyo Ghoul) voices the role of Gremmy Thoumeaux
The leading members of the anime’s staff include :
- Director and Series Composer: Tomohisa Taguchi (Akudama Drive, Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World)
- Series Composer: Masaki Hiramatsu (Garden of Sinners)
- Anime Character Designer: Masashi Kudo (Bleach, Tower of God)
- Music Composer: Shiro Sagisu (Bleach, Neon Genesis Evangelion)
- Sound Director: Yukio Nagasaki (Love Live! School idol, Gate)
- Animation Studio: Studio Pierrot (Bleach, Naruto)
Bleach was a long-running action shounen manga written and illustrated by Tite Kubo. The series first began publication in August 2001 in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and ended in August 2016 with a total of 74 volumes The series has become one of Japan’s most popular and well-known series. There have been numerous adaptations of the series across various media, including a TV anime adaptation by Studio Pierrot (Naruto, Tokyo Ghoul) that ran from 2004 to 2012, which was directed by Noriyuki Abe (Yu Yu Hakusho, Ghost Stories). Apart from the anime TV series, there have been many Bleach anime films, OVAs, various video games, a few light novels and manga spin-offs, and even a series of musicals that ran from 2005 to 2012. A live-action film adaptation was produced in 2018.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
15-year-old Kurosaki Ichigo is not your everyday high school student. He has from as far he can remember always had the ability to see ghosts and spirits. A fateful day arrives as Ichigo encounters the shinigami Kuchiki Rukia, who saves him and his family from a Hollow at the cost of injuring herself. During this encounter, with Rukia unable to defeat the hollow she transfers her shinigami powers into Ichigo. In the aftermath, unable to continue with her job, Rukia allows Ichigo to take on the role of a shinigami in her place as they together defeat the Hollows plaguing Ichigo’s town.
The Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War anime will return this October on Monday Midnight JST (effectively Tuesday) from the 10th (effectively the 11th) on TV Tokyo and BS TV Tokyo, during the Fall/Autumn 2022 anime season.
Source Article - @oricon_anime_