At Netflix’s recent Tudumn event, the streaming platform announced that a second season has been green-lit for the anime adaptation of Kousuke Oono’s Gokushufudou (The Way of the House Husband). The new season is set to premiere in January 2023.
— Netflix Geeked (@NetflixGeeked) September 25, 2022
The main cast of the first season includes:
- Kenjirou Tsuda (Sadaharu Inui from Prince of Tennis) leading the cast as Tatsu
- Shizuka Itou (Akeno Himejima from High School DxD) voices Miku
- Kazuyuki Okitsu (Jonathan Joestar in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure) as Masa
- Mao Ichimichi (Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) as Gin
- Atsuko Tanaka (Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) voices the role of Hibari Torii
The leading staff on the anime’s first season include:
- Director: Chiaki Kon (Golden Time, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)
- Series Composer: Susumu Yamakawa (Maiko-san Chi no Makanai-san, Back Street Girls: Gokudols)
- Animation Studio: J.C. Staff (Shokugeki no Souma, Little Busters!)
Here is the main promotional video for season 1:
Gokushufudou (The Way of the House Husband) is a comedic slice-of-life manga written and illustrated by Kousuke Oono. The series began in early 2018 and is published online in Shinchosha’s Kurage Bunch magazine. To date, a total of 10 volumes have been published under the Bunch Comics imprint. The series sold over 1 million copies by the end of 2019. The series has been adapted into a live-action TV drama on Nippon TV in October 2020. A TV anime adaptation was produced for the Spring 2021 anime season on Netflix, directed by Chiaki Kon (Golden Time, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni) and produced by J.C. Staff (Shokugeki no Souma, Little Busters!).
Here is the MAL Synopsis:
“Immortal Tatsu,” the legendary yakuza who single-handedly defeated a rival gang with a lead pipe, is a name known to strike fear in both hardened police officers and vicious criminals. Soon after his sudden disappearance, he resurfaces with a slight change in profession. Now equipped with an apron, Tatsu has given up violence and is trying to make an honest living as a house husband.
While adapting to mundane household tasks, Tatsu finds that being a house husband has its own challenges, from the battlefield known as supermarket sales to failures in the kitchen. Despite living peacefully, misunderstandings seem to follow him left and right. Gokushufudou follows the daily life of the comically serious ex-yakuza as he leaves behind his dangerous previous life to become a stay-at-home husband.
A second season of the Gokushufudou anime is in production and will premiere on Netflix in January 2023, during the Winter 2022/2023 anime season.
Visit the manga’s website here: https://kuragebunch.com/episode/10834108156629370790