The official website of the anime adaptation for Nanashi’s Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san (Don’t Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro) has revealed that the upcoming second season will premiere in January 2023. In addition, the first key visual has been released.
The second season will be titled Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san 2nd Attack, and will air in January 2023 during the Winter 2022/2023 anime season.
The main cast of the first season will return for season 2:
- Sumire Uesaka (Anastasia from The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls) will lead the cast as Hayase Nagatoro
- Daiki Yamashita (Izuku Midoriya from Boku no Hero Academia) joins the cast to voice Naoto Hachiouji
- Mikako Komatsu (Neko in K) as Gamo-chan
- Aina Suzuki (Mari Ohara from Love Live! Sunshine!!) voices Yoshi
- Shiori Izawa (Nanachi in Made in Abyss) as Sakura
The production staff of the second season will feature a new director and animation studio:
- Director: Shinji Ushiro (Yo-kai Watch, Omamori Himari)
- Series Composer and Scriptwriter: Taku Kishimoto (Fruits Basket, Usagi Drop)
- Anime Character Designer: Misaki Suzuki (Another and Red Data Girl Sub-Character Designer)
- Music Composer: Gin (Nande Koko ni Sensei ga!?, Pop Team Epic)
- Animation Studio: OLM (Yo-kai Watch, Pokémon)
Here is the main PV of season 1:
Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san (Don’t Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro) is a romantic comedy manga written and illustrated by Nanashi. The series began publication in November 2017 under Kodansha’s Magazine Pocket magazine. To date, a total of 11 volumes have been compiled and published. Nanashi began drawing the manga before its serialization on the online Japanese media sharing site Pixiv, under the username 774. A TV anime adaptation of the series was produced for the Spring 2021 anime season, directed by Hirokazu Hanai, and produced by Telecom Animation Film.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
High schooler Hayase Nagatoro loves to spend her free time doing one thing, and that is to bully her Senpai! After Nagatoro and her friends stumble upon the aspiring artist’s drawings, they find enjoyment in mercilessly bullying the timid Senpai. Nagatoro resolves to continue her cruel game and visits him daily so that she can force Senpai into doing whatever interests her at the time, especially if it makes him uncomfortable.
Slightly aroused by and somewhat fearful of Nagatoro, Senpai is constantly roped into her antics as his interests, hobbies, appearance, and even personality are used against him as she entertains herself at his expense. As time goes on, Senpai realizes that he doesn’t dislike Nagatoro’s presence, and the two of them develop an uneasy friendship as one patiently puts up with the antics of the other.
A second season of the Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san anime will air in January 2023, during the Winter 2022/2023 anime season.