The official website of the anime adaptation of Souichirou Yamamoto’s Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san (Skilled Teaser Takagi-san) has revealed that the anime’s upcoming film adaptation will release in theatres across Japan on June 10th. In addition, a brand new visual was also released.
Advanced tickets for the film are currently on sale in Japanese cinemas. The tickets will come bundled with a clear file and will cost ¥1,500 (~ US $11.50).
Here is the first teaser trailer for the upcoming movie:
The main cast of the anime will return for the film:
- Rie Takahashi (Megumin from KonoSuba) voicing as Takagi
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan) as Nishikata
- Konomi Kohara (Chika Fujiwara from Kaguya-sama) voicing the role of Mina
- Mao Ichimichi (Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) voices the role of Yukari
- Yui Ogura (Tsukiko Tsutsukakushi from Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.) voicing as Sanae
- Yuuma Uchida (Yuuma Kousaka from Gundam Build Fighters Try) as Nakai
- Kotori Koiwai (Renge Miyauchi in Non Non Biyori) as Mano
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Katsuki Bakugou in Boku no Hero Academia) voicing as Takao
- Fukushi Ochiai (Moguzo from Hai to Gensou no Grimgar) as Kimura
- Hinata Tadokoro (Debut Role) as Tanabe
The production staff will also return:
- Director: Hiroaki Akagi (Hina Logi: from Luck & Logic)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Aya Takano (Himouto! Umaru-chan, Kimi no Koe o Todoketai)
- Music Composer: Hiroaki Tsutsumi (Ao Haru Ride, Dr. Stone)
- Sound Director: Takahiro Enomoto (Yubisaki kara Honki no Netsujou: Osananajimi wa Shouboushi, Otona nya Koi no Shikata ga Wakaranee!)
- Animation Studio: Shin-Ei Animation (Doraemon, Denki-gai no Honya-san)
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san (Teasing Master Takagi-san) is a romantic slice of life manga written and illustrated by Souichirou Yamamoto. The series began in 2013, published under Shogakukan’s Gessan mini booklet. The manga transferred to the main Gessan magazine in July 2016, following the completion of Yamaoto’s other manga Fudatsuki no Kyouko-chan. To date, a total of 17 compiled volumes have been published. The series was also nominated for the grand prize at the 2017 Manga Taishou awards. A spin-off of the manga ran from November 2014 until November 2015 in Yomiuri Chuu Kousei Shinbun for 53 chapters. The main series received a TV anime adaptation in the Winter 2017/2018 anime season, produced by Shin-Ei Animation and directed by Hiroaki Akagi. A second season of the anime premiered in the Summer 2019 anime season and a third season in the following Winter 2020/2021 anime season.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
“If you blush, you lose.””If you blush, you lose.”
Living by this principle, the middle schooler Nishikata gets constantly made fun of by his seat neighbor Takagi-san. With his pride shattered to pieces, he vows to turn the tables and get back at her some day. And so, he attempts to tease her day after day, only to find himself victim to Takagi-san’s ridicule again sooner than later. Will he be able to make Takagi-san blush from embarrassment even once in the end?
The upcoming Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san film is currently in production and will release in Japan on June 10.