The official website of the anime adaptation of Shu and Yoshinori Shizuma’s Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha (The Misfit of Demon King Academy) has revealed that the upcoming second season will premiere in January 2023. In addition, a brand new visual and promotional video was also revealed.
The anime will be a split cour series, with the second half set to air in the Summer 2023 anime season.
The first promotional video has been released for season 2, giving us the first glimpse of what’s to come for the resurrected demon king:
The main cast of the first season has been confirmed to return in the second, aside from the cast member of Anos Voldigoad. Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Makoto Tachibana from Free!) voiced Anos in season 1 and will not return in season 2.
- Yuuichirou Umehara (Goblin Slayer in Goblin Slayer) joins the cast to voice Anos Voldigoad
- Tomori Kusunoki (Llenn in Sword Art Online: Alternative Gun Gale Online) as Misha Necron
- Yuuko Natsuyoshi (Himeko Mashima from Show by Rock!! Mashumairesh!!) voices Sasha Necron
- Takuma Terashima (Shiroe from Log Horizon) as Lay Glanzudlii
- Nene Hieda (Douki-chan from Ganbare Douki-chan) returns as Misa Ilioroagu
- Sayumi Watabe (Akira Tachibana in Koi wa Ameagari no You ni) as Eleonore Bianca
- Misaki Kuno (Hawk in Seven Deadly Sins) as Zeshia Bianca
The production staff of the first season will also return to produce season 2:
- General Director: Shin Oonuma (Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, Kokoro Connect)
- Director: Masafumi Tamura (Ange Vierge, Two Car)
- Series Composer: Jin Tanaka (Tokyo Ghoul, Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha)
- Anime Character Designer: Kazuyuki Yamayoshi (Chaos;Child, Circlet Princess)
- Music Composer: Keiji Inai (DanMachi, Heavy Object)
- Sound Director: Ryosuke Naya (Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue., Ochikobore Fruit Tart)
- Animation Studio: Silver Link (Non Non Biyori, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya)
Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e (The Misfit of Demon King Academy: History’s Strongest Demon King Reincarnates and Goes to School with His Descendants) is a fantasy action light novel series written by Shu and illustrated by Yoshinori Shizuma. Shu originally wrote the novel online via the online novel website Shousetsuka Ni Narou in early 2017, before it was picked up by ASCII Media Works in 2018. The series is being published under the Dengeki Bunko imprint and to date has a total of 12 volumes. The series has been adapted into manga by Kaya Haruka, where a total of 3 compiled volumes have been published. An anime adaptation was produced for the Summer 2020 anime season, directed by Masafumi Tamura (Ange Vierge, Two Car) and produced by Silver Link (Non Non Biyori, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya), and ran for a total of 13 episodes.
Here is the MAL synopsis:
In the distant past, a war between humans and demons brought about widespread chaos and bloodshed. To put an end to this seemingly endless conflict, Demon King Anos Voldigoad willingly sacrificed his life, hoping to be reborn in a peaceful future.
In preparation for their king’s return, the demon race created the Demon King Academy, an elite institution tasked with determining Anos’ identity when he reawakens. He reincarnates two millennia later, but to his surprise, he soon learns that the level of magic in the world has drastically waned during his absence. Moreover, when he enrolls at the academy to reclaim his rightful title, he finds out that demonkind remembers him differently. His personality, his deeds, and even his legacy are all falsified—masked beneath the name of an impostor. This “lack” of common knowledge renders him the academy’s outlier—a misfit never before seen in history.
Despite these drawbacks, Anos remains unfazed. As he sets out to uncover those altering his glorious past, he takes it upon himself to make his descendants recognize that their ruler has finally returned.
The second season of the Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha anime is in production and will air in January 2023 during the Winter 2022/2023 anime season.
Visit the anime’s website here: https://maohgakuin.com/
And follow their Twitter: @maohgakuin
Source Article - Anime News Network