The official website of the anime adaptation of ONE’s Mob Psycho 100 manga revealed that the upcoming third season will premiere on October 5th. In addition, the Opening for the anime was also released.
The first episode of Mob Psycho 100 III will premiere on Tokyo MX at midnight on Wednesday, October 5th (effectively 6th). The anime will then air on BS Fuji at 12:30 am JST on the 6th and on Cartoon Network Japan on the 7th at 5:00 pm JST.
A brand new trailer has been released for the third season:
Here is the first PV:
The Opening theme sequence has also been released, which features the song 1 by MOB CHOIR:
The main cast will return for season 3:
- Setsuo Itou (Kai Musashisakai from Animegataris) returns to voice Shigeo Kageyama
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) as Arataka Reigen
- Akio Ohtsuka (Batou in Ghost in the Shell) is back as Ekubo
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito from Sword Art Online) voices Teruki Hanazawa
- Miyu Irino (Akito Hyuuga in Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito) is voicing as Ritsu Kageyama
- Takanori Hoshino (Natsume Kagiya from Senkou no Night Raid) as Serizawa
- Atsumi Tanezaki (Lisa Mishima from Zankyou no Terror) returns to voice Tome Kurata
The production staff for Mob Psycho III has been revealed and consists of:
- Executive Director: Yuzuru Tachikawa (Death Parade, Death Billiards)
- Director: Takahiro Hasui (Mob Psycho 100 II and Aikatsu Friends! Episode Director)
- Series Composer: Hiroshi Seko (Attack on Titan, Owari no Seraph)
- Anime Character Designer: Yoshimichi Kameda (Paroru no Miraijima, Doraemon: Nobita’s Treasure Island)
- Sound Director: Kazuhiro Wakabayashi (Ghost in the Shell, Soul Eater)
- Music Composer: Kenji Kawai (Higashi no Eden, Ghost in the Shell)
- Animation Studio: Bones (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Noragami)
Mob Psycho 100 is a comedic action web manga written and illustrated by ONE. The series ran from 2012 until 2017 in Shogakukan’s Weekly Shonen Sunday Web Comics, for a total of 16 compiled volumes. The series received a TV anime adaptation in the Summer 2016 anime season, directed by Yuzuru Tachikawa and produced by studio Bones. The anime was followed up with a second season in 2019. A TV drama series, OVA, and a spin-off manga have also been produced in the years following the original manga’s run. ONE is also well known for his One Punch-Man manga, which has also been adapted into a TV anime.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Eighth-grader Shigeo “Mob” Kageyama has tapped into his inner wellspring of psychic prowess at a young age. But the power quickly proves to be a liability when he realizes the potential danger in his skills. Choosing to suppress his power, Mob’s only present use for his ability is to impress his longtime crush, Tsubomi, who soon grows bored of the same tricks.
In order to effectuate control on his skills, Mob enlists himself under the wing of Arataka Reigen, a con artist claiming to be a psychic, who exploits Mob’s powers for pocket change. Now, exorcising evil spirits on command has become a part of Mob’s daily, monotonous life. However, the psychic energy he exerts is barely the tip of the iceberg; if his vast potential and unrestrained emotions run berserk, a cataclysmic event that would render him completely unrecognizable will be triggered. The progression toward Mob’s explosion is rising and attempting to stop it is futile.
The third season of the Mob Psycho 100 TV anime will air every Wednesday at midnight from October 5th, during the Fall/Autumn 2022 anime season.