Japanese multimedia publisher Ichijinsha has announced that Nekotoufu’s Oniichan wa Oshimai! (Onimai: I’m Now Your Sister!) will be receiving a TV anime adaptation. The announcement also revealed the first visual, cast and staff.
Here is the promotional video announcing the adaptation, as well as celebrating the 6th volumes release:
The leading two members of the cast have been revealed as follows:
- Marika Kouno (Yumina Urnea Belfast from Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.) leads the cast as Mahiro Oyama
- Kaori Ishihara (Aladdin in Magi: The Kingdom of Magic) as Mihari Oyama
The production staff includes:
- Director: Shingo Fujii (Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu and Pastel Memories Episode Director)
- Series Composer: Michiko Yokote (Prison School, ReLIFE)
- Anime character Designer: Ryo Imamura (Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu and Goku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Animation Director)
- Animation Studio: Studio Bind (Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu)
Oniichan wa Oshimai! (Onimai: I’m Now Your Sister!) is a slice of life manga written and illustrated by Nekotoufu. The series began in 2017 on Pixiv, before being picked up by Ichijinsha under their Monthly Comic Rex magaziine.in 2019. To date, a total of 6 volumes have been published. Since the release of the first volume, over 500,000 copies of the manga have been sold.
Here is the series’ MAL synopsis:
Mahiro Oyama was just a normal erotic-game loving dude…until he woke up one morning as a woman! Turns out his mad-scientist little sister, Mihari, tried out one of her new experiments on him… with a disastrous outcome, as far as Mahiro’s concerned! But Mihari is as determined to study him as he is determined to go back to his shut-in, game-playing life, and one thing’s for sure… life is going to get a whole lot weirder from here on out!
A TV anime adaptation of Oniichan wa Oshimai! has been announced and is in production.